The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Costa Rica

Old 09-05-2008, 12:34 PM

Costa Rica

has any one here been to costa rica? if so, what do you think of the place? i'm thinking about moving there next year, thanks, paul.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:44 PM
Founding Member

My wife is a diehard HGTV fan so naturally I have seen plenty of their shows. They have one called Costa Rica Bound, and the place is absolutely beautiful. At least the costal areas are. You can go to their web site and do a search as to when the show is on again. I also have an employee who used to live there for 5 years and still has a house there. He states it is a great place to live or retire.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:54 PM

I spent 10 days there a few years ago--ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT and will probably go again after my spring semester ends next May.

I have lived in England, been to Asia twice (China, India), most of Europe and the Americas, but of all the trips I have taken, Costa Rica was my favorite.

Hmm...now that I think about it, if McSame wins the election, perhaps moving to CR isn't a bad idea!

Can I come with you?! I speak Spanglish!

@ngelita...
Old 09-05-2008, 01:02 PM

I just sepnt the past 13 weeks there (for work) and it is beautiful, but everything is so expensive based on their money and what it costs them, the costa rica government regulates everything, way more than the US does. If you take your HHR down there, they will ream you for everything they can get you for, for it.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:16 AM

Great place, although I have not been there in many years. Here is a link to a newspaper I used to subscribe to. Good way to stay up on what is happening. http://www.ticotimes.net/ Just like many places these days, crime is increasing, but certainly nothing as bad as Mexico (with the exception of well protected resorts) is these days.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:45 PM

thanks for all the info. i do read all the net newspapers every day. i've found a few places i want to visit and see if i would like to live there. hey afs9, i'm starting to learn spanish. it seems hard for me because i'm one of those, too old to learn new stuff, hahaha!thanks again all, paul.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by afs9

Hmm...now that I think about it, if McSame wins the election, perhaps moving to CR isn't a bad idea!

Hopefully you'll be moving in November

Country First

Goose
Old 09-08-2008, 01:37 AM

This is very high on the list of next places to visit but I've heard people who move to these types of islands, CR, PR or Hawaii, etc., get kind of "claustrophobic" after a few years and end up moving back to the mainland.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:26 AM

Island??

Goose
Old 09-08-2008, 06:15 PM

just heard on glen beck that the housing bail out will cost 2 1/2 trillion dollars. and now, they might bail out the big three auto makers! when will it end! costa rica is looking better and better. the country will be called the New Socialest State of America!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Costa Rica