The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Dodge Caliber maybe in the future??

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 07:29 AM

Tobin dodge hugh I saw the show they have on A&E for the guy there. That really seemed like a high pressure sales place.

Crow, I agree the fariy is soooo hot!
Old 04-13-2006, 08:03 AM
Founding Member

I can't like anything about that car
Old 04-13-2006, 08:09 AM
Banned

Not even the 300 HP SRT?
Old 04-13-2006, 08:28 AM

Before we traded in our PT Turbo, we had the PT at the Mopar dealership for an oil change and the salesman showed me the brochure for the Caliber. I admit I was ready to buy that car, but waited until we went to the Cleveland auto show to take a better look. Conclusion - too small inside - and I am not a big person. While we were looking at the Caliber, a young lady (around 5'8" tall) got inside the Calibar and gasped, "This is too confining for me - I won't even be able to see the red light". So we got inside a second time and realized that the HHR was far more roomy and comfortable. Another thing we didn't like was the plastic or whatever it is that goes along the roof line above the side windows (from front to back). It is fugly. I didn't drive one, but doubt if it rides as nice as our HHR. I also feel it will take sales away from the PT Cruiser, but that is Chrysler's problem.

As to power, GM needs to do something quickly and am hoping for either a turbo or V-6 next year. If so, I will be trading up quickly. Other than that, am very happy with our HHR. (except for the popping radio...but that is another subject - see my other post, "Pop goes the radio").

Fritz45
Old 04-13-2006, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Navyflyer11
Tobin dodge hugh I saw the show they have on A&E for the guy there. That really seemed like a high pressure sales place.

Crow, I agree the fariy is soooo hot!

Tobin was a really cool dealership they werent pushy at all, alot of salespeople on the lot tho !!! they were layed back, i even made a comment that i didnt want the leather/heated seats,and the only R/T had them... the sales manager told us if we wanted cloth seats thats fine they will switch out the cloth seats in the SXT,and drop the price on the R/T $1,000.00 . we ended up keeping the leather tho

so far we really love the Caliber
Old 04-13-2006, 11:34 AM

They must have been puttin on for the cameras. did seem like a nice dealership.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Not even the 300 HP SRT?
Sound good - but like the next trick Chevy has uo their sleeve for the HHR; w'ell all just have to wait and see.

Dodge doesn't even have the SRT "buildable" on their site yet.

On another note; see the new thread I started....
Old 04-13-2006, 12:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
Sound good - but like the next trick Chevy has uo their sleeve for the HHR; w'ell all just have to wait and see.

Dodge doesn't even have the SRT "buildable" on their site yet.

On another note; see the new thread I started....
They have a review of it in the new Car & Driver. You can't order it yet but it's already made.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
They have it in the new Car & Driver. You can't order it yet but it's already made.
Well...they made one. (Yeah, I saw it in C&D).
Old 04-13-2006, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by SoCalHHR
Well...they made one. (Yeah, I saw it in C&D).
they are already in full scale production on the Srt-4, i have family members who work for chrysler in Belvidere, illionis the plant were the neon WAS built now home to the Caliber, they said that the srt-4 is running about 100 cars on 1 shift every few days, so yes the production speed is very low at this time, but they are working out the bugs on the line to get ready for the full scale 3 shift production runs,june 5th was the day they were told shipping to dealerships will be started. he also said current pre-production models are being shipped out after build to magizines,aftermarket company's, and for promotional tours.

Quick Reply: Dodge Caliber maybe in the future??