The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Dukes of Hazzard - Modern Day Charger - WOW

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by mitzkity
Huh? I followed the link and it took me to the website, but then on to Ford Pedal Cars?
The pedal car was something they did for charity. Try clicking on the tabs on the top.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by HonestBlues
It was far more than that.It was mainly about States rights.I think you should learn more about our nation's history.May I suggest you watch Ken Burns "The Civil War".It is an excellent DVD set that should be required viewing in our high schools.Especially if you skipped US history.One of my favorite authors,Shelby Foote really summed up that chapter in our nation's history when he said:"The Revolutionary War made us a country,but the Civil War made us what we are today".It defined us as a nation,for better or worse.
Maybe I was a bit harsh and summed my thoughts up way to basic. Sorry! I personally think the civil war was the stupidest point of American history. Us fighting among ourselves was just idiotic.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:13 PM

Oh WOW - I saw some incredible cars!! Thanks for the link. I especially like the one called Bumongous... but the wheels don't match. Is that unusual?
http://www.radrides.com/photogallery.php?sub=bumongous
Old 02-18-2007, 11:30 PM

I have seen other pics of the new Charger which I liked more. One cool thing
about the original General Lee, is just how many the TV show wrecked during production. Heck, they made the car rare by both bringing up demand and lowering the number of surviving units!

As far as the racist flag thing, I'd not go that far, but some do. the flag does represent a dark era in our history where both halves of the coutry considered each other traitors. I took courses with Steven B Oats in college. he is an extraodinary US Civil War biography author. Ken Burns interviews him in the aformentioned EXCELLENT documentary The Civil War.
The concensus I came out with was the war had a lot of complex underpinnings, but the economic base of the South was at risk since the abolishonist movement brought the threat of ending outright slevery to the table. This did manifest itself within the cause of state's rights, which is one
of the reasons things are never as simple as they seem when looking into the root causes for this war.

The South fired the first official declared shots to sever the union, and as such can be considered traitors in the eyes of any constitutionalist. The Confederate flag does indeed carry many overtones. But heck, it did look great on the original General Lee. This one, I'm not sold on ,.....yet!
Old 02-19-2007, 08:22 PM

Can`t find anything on Avenger...

Originally Posted by mitzkity
OMG - it's a car, not a racial symbol. If anything, it reminds me of you testosterone-laden guys, regardless of race. That said, oh well, I'll tellya, I've never thought the General Lee was attractive... hubby loves it!!! However, I do like the MOD.

And, BTW, I don't think Chargers come in 2-door. Are you sure it's not an Avenger, the baby brother of the Charger? There's one at our dealership (hubby has a Magnum).
Are you sure there`s a NEW Avenger out? I`ve looked at everything I have around here, and I haven`t come up with anything.
Sebring, Yes, Avenger No.
Only asking... My little brother ( the BABY, 46yrs old ) has a Charger.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:05 PM

Thereya go... there's one at my dealership, it was red also. Oh, and I see they also have a 4dr version too. Well, it's not an Avenger... the rear of the Avenger is U---gleeee.

They really did some custom work to that Charger - no pillars, no 4-door, not even a vestiage of any door handles. Really sleek work - almost like that door wouldn't really open at all!

Hey, I didn't mean to make light of the racism discussion - I'm just sort of clueless I guess... to me, Dukes of Hazzard was more sexist than racist.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:07 PM

That`s certainly not the same veh. as the "DUKES" Ride.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:11 PM

For sure! My bad...
Old 02-19-2007, 09:12 PM

The picture you posted is neither the Caliber nor the Avenger. The Avenger is a 4 door only as is the Caliber. I think that picture is a concept. The Avenger is suppose to come out during the 1st quarter though!
Old 02-19-2007, 09:16 PM

So is the "DUKES" ride a creation, one of a kind?
It really does look good, from the side.

Quick Reply: Dukes of Hazzard - Modern Day Charger - WOW