The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Finally... my lemon law hearing today

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 07:19 AM

Finally... my lemon law hearing today

Well today is the day.. finally. After last months postponement by GM at the last minute, we finally go infront of the State Office of Administrative Hearing Judge this morning at 10am. To say that I'm not nurvious is a understatement. I'm sure the outcome will lean my way but the thought of it going the other way bothers me. I spent last night going over the evidence that I will disscuss and making copies (2 ink cartriges) of all the documents. Talk about time consuming. Anyways... time to start geting ready...ie... take the hhr to the car wash in case the judge wants to inspect it.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:26 AM
Banned

Are you using a lawyer?
Old 07-08-2009, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by hhrcrafty
Are you using a lawyer?
yes and no... My attorney and I didnt see things at the same level so I decided to represent myself. Worst case senerio... i screw it up and my attorney has to step in but I dont forsee that happening. My attorney will be there to "watch" more or less. It just seems to me that my attorney doesnt feel as strongly as I do about the situation, I'm assuming that is because its not his car it's mine and it's VERY personal to me. Only time will tell.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:02 PM

Good Luck. Hope you get what you need!
Old 07-08-2009, 01:59 PM

Well my situation is finally coming to an end... After I ended my opening statment GM called for a recess to speak with me. After about an hour of negociations going back and forth... the following deal was accepted:

tradout to a new 09 hhr
trade up from a ls model to a lt model for no charge
GM to pay all costs of removal and reinstallation of all aftermarket equipment ($1000.00)
5yrs of on-star free of charge
100,000 mile gmpp extended warranty free of charge
GM to pay all taxes, title and all fee's asociated with the purchase of the new hhr
$1500.00 for my incidental expenses
rental car from enterprise untill the new hhr is in my possesion (im in a colorado z sumthing)

I think that just about covers it.... I am just happy that I can finally say its over! I went to the dealer on the way home to see if they had one in stock with the colors I wanted (black on black). Found one in the back corner of the lot that was a dealer trade with 300 miles on the OD. The real differences in my old one and the new one is the 09 has running boards, upgraded radio,power seat,roof rack, door handles/side mirrors are color matched, window switches are on the door and its flex fuel. There may be other things that I didnt notice but those are the ones I noticed off the top. I should have checked if it had a sub....lol
Old 07-08-2009, 02:08 PM

Make sure the new one has everything you may want.... i.e. Bluetooth, Ipod USB Connector, side airbags etc. ....
Old 07-08-2009, 02:09 PM

Congratulations.
I know it has been an anguishing experience for you, but good to see that it has come to an end with a positive outcome. It's good that GM stepped up to make things right for you, albeit should have been sooner.
Better luck with your shopping and your new ride when you find it.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by JimZ_HHR
Make sure the new one has everything you may want.... i.e. Bluetooth, Ipod USB Connector, side airbags etc. ....
Isnt this standard on all 09 hhr's?
Old 07-08-2009, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by JimZ_HHR
Originally Posted by jmarines
Isnt this standard on all 09 hhr's?
Nope all of these are not standard.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:12 PM

I'm not sure about bluetooth but it does have side curtain airbags... as far as the ipod connection... I doubt it... all it has is a small hole to plug in a mp3 player , just like I had in my 08. It does have remote start though... :)

Quick Reply: Finally... my lemon law hearing today