The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Ford v Ferrari

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2019, 07:34 AM

Oh, it was fantastic. Not just for the cars but for the story around Ken Miles and Carroll Shelby. The chemistry between Matt Damon and Christian Bale is simply a treat.

Talk your wives into seeing it. It's a great family movie. My wife loved it and she's certainly not into cars. A female friend of ours also raved about it, and the only reason she went is because she got free tickets. She had no interest otherwise.

Last edited by Doc brown; 12-03-2019 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-01-2020, 11:07 PM

My wife shocked me the other day when she said she loved the trailer for this movie and wanted to see it. So we went to a matinee today at an AMC Dine-In theater. We were pleasantly surprised to find the food was pretty good. My wife is gluten intolerant and even though the food was not advertised as gluten-free she ate it without any negative reactions.

The movie was fantastic except my wife has a thing about bad endings. She said she thoroughly enjoyed it to that point. She even did a fist pump when Miles wins Daytona!

Old 01-03-2020, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by Blue_SS
The only problem with home viewing is you NEED that engine volume! Good luck getting that at home. Maybe in an empty house...
I saw it in the theatre and loved it. It was soooo.....loud, and I like it loud. It is one of my favorite movies. Great story line.
Old 01-03-2020, 07:33 AM

I did a bunch of reading on it and found that aside from a few things it's a pretty accurate story.
Old 01-03-2020, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Blue_SS
The only problem with home viewing is you NEED that engine volume! Good luck getting that at home. Maybe in an empty house...

An empty house and a great surround sound system and you can duplicate the sound, my issue is finding a house large enough for that stinkin' screen!! lol
Old 01-13-2020, 06:25 PM
Administrator

Did I hear that right? Best picture? The Oscar list was released this morning. And yup! It’s on the list!
Old 01-13-2020, 08:47 PM
Platinum Member

Wow, I might need to go see this flick.
Old 01-20-2020, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by redhot
I saw it in the theatre and loved it. It was soooo.....loud, and I like it loud. It is one of my favorite movies. Great story line.
That's why I recommended it.

I was the 5 yo kid at fence with his clothes shaking as the Trans Am cars went past a few feet away. THAT is something my kids can never get... Watching Posey or Parnelli with their hands on the wheel, ready to catch the slide. It gets no better...

They don't even let you stand were I was any more. Losing our heritage...
Old 01-20-2020, 09:03 PM
Platinum Member

Times are a changing. My Dad used to take me & a friend of his to see the Demolition Derby's. & there was a thin fencing up from where we sat, but when the cars made that bend we did get some dirt flung off the tires showering down on us. I was hooked.
Old 01-21-2020, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by sleeper
Times are a changing. My Dad used to take me & a friend of his to see the Demolition Derby's. & there was a thin fencing up from where we sat, but when the cars made that bend we did get some dirt flung off the tires showering down on us. I was hooked.
That's funny. My friends and I used to go to a local dirt track when we were in HS. The first time we saw midget racers we sat at the bottom of the stands and got filthy dirty with the dirt spray. We sat high in the stands after that!

Quick Reply: Ford v Ferrari