The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Funny thing about Lambo doors...

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 09:30 AM

Funny thing about Lambo doors...

I saw this on Facebook and got a good laugh.

Last edited by chefhhr; 01-03-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:50 PM
Administrator

finally, the fad fades
Old 01-03-2013, 03:56 PM

I do not remember what kind of car it was but the guy opened the passanger door for his lady and the door opened normally but when he went to get into the drivers side he opened it up vertically.

Why would someone only do one door if they are going to do that in the first place.?
Old 01-03-2013, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by 07azhhr
I do not remember what kind of car it was but the guy opened the passanger door for his lady and the door opened normally but when he went to get into the drivers side he opened it up vertically.

Why would someone only do one door if they are going to do that in the first place.?
I'm certainly not a 'Lambo door expert', but I believe the hinge design allows you to open the door out as well as up. Someone correct me please if I'm wrong.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:33 AM

I was watching a show the other day and they were going through the history of the lambo. The whole reason they did vertical doors is because the cars were so wide. I think they look cool a lambo, not so much on any other car...especially when people do them on a four door...just tacky to me.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:06 AM

If it's a high end kit you can open the doors normaly
As I do most of the time and then with two fingers
raise the doors up.
I can do it in manual & from my key fob electronically!
Jeff
Old 01-04-2013, 11:13 AM
Rest In Peace

That picture has circulated the web and this forum many times.

Nothing new there.

I don't think anyone who likes the vertical doors on their cars, really cares wtf anyone else thinks about them.

I know I Don't.

My set I bought, will be installed after winter has past.

If I like them once I install, I will keep them on. If not, I can always take the hinges off and put the oem's right back on.

Only I will decide that tho.

Never been the type to have to ask or create a poll on a forum if I should or shouldn't do something to my own car. Morticia's final outcome was Planned out even before I bought her.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Krash Kadillak
I'm certainly not a 'Lambo door expert', but I believe the hinge design allows you to open the door out as well as up. Someone correct me please if I'm wrong.
I don't know about the kits, but real Lambos can "swing either way". I'll just let let you consider that. I am speaking of the mechanicals, but you can draw your conclusions. People say Ferrari owners are compensating for something. Do Lambo owners have some sort of "dual" secret??? (I don't really want to know).
Old 01-04-2013, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by American & Proud
That picture has circulated the web and this forum many times.

Nothing new there.

I don't think anyone who likes the vertical doors on their cars, really cares wtf anyone else thinks about them.

I know I Don't.

My set I bought, will be installed after winter has past.

If I like them once I install, I will keep them on. If not, I can always take the hinges off and put the oem's right back on.

Only I will decide that tho.

Never been the type to have to ask or create a poll on a forum if I should or shouldn't do something to my own car. Morticia's final outcome was Planned out even before I bought her.
Haha, someone is butt hurt much. I saw the pic, thought it was funny decided to post. As for my opinion and most real car enthusiast...it's a played out mod that was cool 10 years ago on 2 door cars only. But hey, to each his own...that's what makes customizing fun and unique. You should always please yourself and not others...I know I do.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:16 PM
Premium Member

Does a panel count as two doors ? I'm getting confused......

But hurt..? hemorrhoids ?

Quick Reply: Funny thing about Lambo doors...