The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Getting my parts deliveries are a problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2021, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by sleeper
Ronnie- Congrats on the new job. Don't let them kill ya. They will try..
Thank you...I have actually been there two.years now. And yes...they are trying to kill me. I have gotten injured way too many times.

And I don't know what HUB isn't scanning packages due to volume...but we have never not scanned packages.

Regardless that the holiday season is over...people are buying more and more online. They have gotten used to buying online during the shut down and apparently like it.

If packages get damaged or labels get messed up.. it will delay delivery. They have to go to the QA (Quality Assurance) Department to be fixed when possible. I personally try to avoid sending things to QA and fix it myself. QA gets tons of bad packages. We receive many packages that aren't even FedEx packages. Those packages have to be relabeled and sent back to the shipper.

There is alot more to shipping than just dropping it off and it goes into a truck and on it's way. Not to mention a few FedEx trucks have been in some bad wrecks recently. One driver was killed in a fiery wreck just 5 miles from my HUB in December.

Last edited by Ronnie; 04-07-2021 at 04:34 AM.
Old 04-08-2021, 08:39 PM
Platinum Member

Covid has screwed up everything. My parts orders are coming late & some are in mangled boxes.
Our Fed-ex guy stops & (I watched this personally ) literally throws my boxes towards my porch. I had to complain. Because it is my stuff getting mangled.

Used to at least ring the door bell, then leave. The world got in a big hurry trying to make up time. So there sadly will be more wrecks.

But I hope I never get hit by some big box store truck.
Old 04-08-2021, 10:35 PM

Today my UPS guy threw 2 envelopes up to the top step leading to my porch, at a point where you have to walk out the door and look down to see them. That would not have been a problem if he had remembered to log the items delivered. There is no record they were delivered, I'm toying with getting them replaced by Amazon.

I have a box fort deliveries at my garage door to save them the steps and because my wheelchair can't get to the front door.
Old 04-11-2021, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by sleeper
Covid has screwed up everything. My parts orders are coming late & some are in mangled boxes.
Our Fed-ex guy stops & (I watched this personally ) literally throws my boxes towards my porch. I had to complain. Because it is my stuff getting mangled.

Used to at least ring the door bell, then leave. The world got in a big hurry trying to make up time. So there sadly will be more wrecks.

But I hope I never get hit by some big box store truck.
I rear-ended a UPS truck last year that totalled out my Charger. Did ZERO damage to the truck. That's when my love affair with the HHR began.
Old 04-11-2021, 09:57 PM
Platinum Member

Yes, I remember ya telling this Ronnie..