The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Got into an accident today

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 08:07 PM

Got into an accident today

Luckily it wasn't my fault. I was in the right lane and the lady was in the lane on the left of me at a light. (lots of traffic btw). Light goes green and I continue to go straight, meanwhile, she decides to make a right turn from the LEFT lane into mine at the intersection. Didn't even look to the right to see if anyone was there...So here's the damage:

Name:  014.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  88.8 KB
Name:  018.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  77.4 KB
Name:  016.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  42.7 KB
Name:  017.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  37.9 KB
Name:  015.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  80.7 KB

I have no idea what an estimate is going to look like. I do see this as a perfect time to get Halo projectors (if they make em), and HID's. So far, I know the bumper, left fender, wheel, headlight assembly, tire, plastic underneath fender need to be replaced. I know I need an allignment done too. And that's just from what I can tell. Not sure what a dealer is going to say just for all that. I know I don't have to pay it since she's at fault but it doesn't look cheap. I have full coverage and she claims to have liability (no proof of insurance - which she did get a ticket for). Just glad I'm not at fault an no one's hurt
Old 07-08-2009, 08:18 PM

Ouch! Hope everyone was ok.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:35 PM

Thats brutal, It just takes 1 sec and a bad driver , And boom your a victim.
Glad every bodys ok, thats whats important .
Old 07-08-2009, 09:48 PM

Ouch! Just glad that you don't have to pay for it.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:25 PM

With any luck, it's only bolt-on body panels, which is what it appears to be.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:27 PM

Hope everyone is okay...

Sorry to hear about the accident and hope the repair process goes smooth...

Really sad to hear she had no proof of insurance and got a ticket for it. Appears that she was responsible for the accident but like many, she was irresponsible for not keeping her insurance current. That really burns me to see those uninsured drivers in another accident and getting away with it. I have to pay for my insurance and so should everyone else.

Let us know how the repairs go...

And join us sometime for a cruise with our local HHR club here in St. Louis.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:28 PM

My dad ran into a small tree once with my truck (about 10+ years ago) and it hit right between the front bumper and the front tire, on that fender... Wouldn't you know that actually put the bumper out of whack even though it didn't touch it? Had a heck of a time getting the new bumper on a couple of years ago, just because of that little dent!

At least you wont have to work on it!
Old 07-08-2009, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Big Kahuna
Hope everyone is okay...

Sorry to hear about the accident and hope the rair process goes smooth...

Really sad to hear she had no proof of insurance and got a ticket for it. Appears that she was responsible for the accident but like many, she was irresponsible for not keeping her insurance current. That really burns me to see those uninsured drivers in another accident and getting away with it. I have to pay for my insurance and so should everyone else.

Let us know how the repairs go...

And join us sometime for a cruise with our local HHR club here in St. Louis.

Yea, Burns me as well.. We get to pay higher insurance to pay for the Dip-Sticks that refuse to keep there vehicle insured.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:53 PM

By the way... how ironic that you picked STLracerX for a signon name. Got a funny story to tell you about another HHR member here in St. Louis we called "Racer X" for awhile...

Old 07-08-2009, 10:56 PM

Location: Fresno, California (formerly of Modesto, Ca. -- hometown of George Lucas, formerly of Winnipeg, Mb.)
I'll guess $2900.00 minus your deduction. If you have a choice from the list of body shops, choose Caliber.

My heart goes out to you... I've felt the pain of an accident to my HHR and it's not a pleasant feeling!

Quick Reply: Got into an accident today