The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Halloween

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 07:45 AM
Banned

Halloween

Only like 13 more hours until I go see the Zombie Halloween remake. I feel like a little kid waiting for Santa Clause. I should leave work early and catch a matinee on the way home before I go see it with my wife tonight at 9:50. She would probably catch on if I do it though because it's really obvious if I've seen a movie before or it's my first time viewing it.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:50 AM

I'm guessing that since you're excited enough to start a thread about it, you're expecting it to be pretty good then, huh?

I suspect it will be awesome.. I've liked Zombie's movies a lot so far, and Halloween movies were pretty cool... I'll have to see if it's playing locally yet.

Hope it's as good as you expect!
Old 08-31-2007, 08:09 AM

How about going and just watching the last 15-30 minutes. This way you just double check that the popcorn is good at this show.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by betterof2evils4
I'm guessing that since you're excited enough to start a thread about it, you're expecting it to be pretty good then, huh?
Hell yeah! But I can't get my expectations up too much or I might be disappointed. I find that sometimes I can get myself worked up over a directors previous films or the hype surrounding a film so when I see it I feel let down. I have faith in Zombie though. A lot of people and critics seem to like to take shots at his directorial talents without fully appreciating his style. He is an awesome director IMO but you have to look at his style within context. I mean he is a horror faux-exploitation director so I don’t expect him to be putting out big budget Hollywood multi Oscar winners. He is a true horror fan that started making films for himself and other hardcore horror fans like me. Just like Quentin Tarantino, Rob Zombie steals from the best. I want to see how much he changed (with John Carpenter's blessing) really bad! I know there is more of a back story for Michael now and there will be more blood and violence. Not to mention his wife Sherri Moon Zombie is in it and she is hot as hell!
Old 08-31-2007, 08:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by enri9267
How about going and just watching the last 15-30 minutes. This way you just double check that the popcorn is good at this show.
If only she would buy that.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:31 AM

Hell yeah! But I can't get my expectations up too much or I might be disappointed.
Do what I do.. I always lower my standards that way I'm never disappointed

Na, I'm sure it will be awesome. I love the way Zombie directs, and I always like the "beginnings" of the serial killer. It really brings more to the table in terms of why they feel they need to slay everybody instead of just random murdering.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:38 AM

Been reading the reviews in my Home Theater forums.

It seems the work print copy is the better of the two. Most folks who have seen both at this point tell of many extra and useful scenes with Roddy McDowel being taken out of the final show print

I'll say no more since I have not seen the movie.
I liked the pace of His first one, House of...., and have yet to see Devil's Rejects since a customer stole my renal copy

I'm betting he'll keep making horror films for his fans and his audience will keep growing. He is learning the craft since he did come from another field, music.
I used to have a lot of his concerts for sale at my store. We have a rock club behind us and acts Like GWAR have passed through.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:52 PM

I love Roddy!

Is wifey in this one too?
Old 08-31-2007, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by mitzkity
I love Roddy!

Is wifey in this one too?
Too bad they killed him in Heroes.or will he be back? Hmmm.........

Old 08-31-2007, 12:59 PM

I'm betting he'll keep making horror films for his fans and his audience will keep growing. He is learning the craft since he did come from another field, music.
You are right, there... But, Zombie is a huge horror movie buff, so he probably studies the way others do it and learns from that. It's a mix between that and his imagination of this stuff that's made his previous two movies rock the house!

Quick Reply: Halloween