The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.
View Poll Results: Are You, Did YOU, serve
YES
63.49%
NO
23.81%
NO, but I would`ve IF.....
12.70%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Have YOU, Are YOU, Served (ing) in military

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 03:29 AM

Have YOU, Are YOU, Served (ing) in military

This is a poll to see how many HHR owners/operators have served, or are serving in this countries Military.
With the news about the future execution of another countries ousted leader, there has been a lot of discussion about what (I) would do or what (I)would like to see done, so this thread is a head count of the people who actually did serve, and those who would`ve but the opportunity never presented it`s self and well "My trigger finger doesn`t work too well now".
Old 11-06-2006, 03:53 AM

Currently in the Air Force (15 1/2 years) and just re-upped to put me over 20. I was in Iraq in the beginning of the war (Apr-Aug 2003) and am glad to see Sadaam get the death penalty from an Iraqi court. Since the beginning of the war, my personal belief has been that he needs to be executed and displayed (remember Mussolini) for the Iraqi's to see him dead for themselves. Whether he had anything to do with 9/11 or not, he has tortured and killed his own people for years--let's not forget when he invaded Kuwait without provocation. We, the US military, have been serving in the Middle East since 1990 because of his threat to his neighbors and many of us have literally spent years of our careers in the Gulf area trying to keep him at bay.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:20 AM

I served, even though like our Vice President, I had better things to do.

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
...would`ve but the opportunity never presented it`s self...
There's always an opportunity. All one has to do is sign up.

Originally Posted by Nevrnfpwr
...he has tortured and killed his own people...
Two words: Abu Ghraib.. Another "leader" is fast approaching Saddam's total of Iraqis killed.

Originally Posted by Nevrnfpwr
... he invaded Kuwait without provocation...
Let's not forget the other leader who invaded another country without provocation.

To quote Pogo: "We have met the enemy & he is us.
Old 11-06-2006, 04:41 AM

Abu Ghraib was a disgrace, but having prisoners pose naked in piles does not constitute torture. President Bush's 'total' of Iraqi's killed versus Sadaam's is like comparing apples and oranges. We invaded Iraq without provocation? See my first post--we've been there for many years and should have removed Sadaam from power in 1991. Both of our opinions are just that--opinions. Just be thankful that in this country, you have the freedom to voice your opinion without fear of torture, kidnapping or even murder.
Old 11-06-2006, 05:46 AM

Just to set the record straight, I did serve, U.S. Navy 1976-1982.
And I was in the Carrier Group ( USS Kittyhawk CV 63 ) that went to the Indian Ocean when the hostages were taken in Iran.
If you think prisoner abuse is OK, then you`re fighting for the wrong side. That`s exactly what Saddam was charged with, Abuse of power..
Old 11-06-2006, 06:05 AM

I am proud to say that I served 4 years on active duty in the Coast Guard and a little over 20 years in the Coast Guard Reserve and I thank all of the dedicated young men and women serving today.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:31 AM

Yes
I have served our Country for 22 yrs Total, 16 Yrs with the U.S. Navy and 6 Yrs with the U.S. Army at times I was not proud of what I had to do but some one had to do it and I give given an Order to follow.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:41 AM

April 6, 1983 - June 1, 2003, Air Force

Gulf war in 1991
Bosnia in Dec 1995 - Feb 1996
OEF Sept 25, 2001 - June 1, 2002, Actually deployed under Infinite Justice.
Retired one year later.

Still work for the Gov as of this day.

Saw many things I will never forget.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:58 AM

4 Years active in the Coast Guard, 1973-1977, 8 1/2 years in the USCG active Reserve, Last year of the Draft. The official end to Vietnam was in 1975. Spent the first 2 years at a Air Station, during which for 2 months I was at Johnston Atoll that stored Agent Orange for shipment. Was in on a drug bust along with county sheriffs and US Marshals on the Missouri River, that 2 men, their 2 kids, "yes 2 kids" and a dog in a jon boat were hauling piles of mary jane from Iowa to Nebraska. Was also Stationed in Detroit Michigan on The Mariposa a 180 ft Bouy Tender.

I support and thank our troops and firmly believe the families of those who have paid the ultimate price need more protection from the anti-war protesters that should not be protesting funerals.

Last edited by TomsHHR; 11-07-2006 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-06-2006, 07:45 AM

I retired after 30+ year’s active duty service in the Coast Guard. I would like to take this opportunity with Veterans Day approaching to thank all those who served and those that supported them.

Quick Reply: Have YOU, Are YOU, Served (ing) in military