The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Haven't been on lately

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 09:40 AM

Wow dude, its a forum were not all perfect. we do make mistakes.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Daverb
After not being on much, and reading some posting, some people should really review what they wrote and check the spelling. some either drop a letter, or just plan old do not make sense of what they are saying. IMO Do some agree or disagree. I think some are just trying to type out quick to get as many post done to get thier count up.
Dave, it's always good to see you here as you have contributed to this Board in many ways. Unfortunately, as with most online Boards regardless of hobby or interest there will always be those who take offense with simple observations, such as you expressed. Again, glad to see you and don't be a stranger around these parts!
Old 07-06-2008, 10:15 AM

OK, I'm one of the dreaded 'noobs' here, but I do have to agree to a point about spelling and grammar. I'm not talking about simple typo's, I'm a lousy typist myself and haven't had any feeling in my fingertips for years.... but some posts are actually painful to try to read and understand. Take a minute, slow down, READ what you wrote and be sure that's what you want the world to see.... that also keeps down flame wars BTW.....

Oh, and other forums have told me I use the "......" WAYYYY too much...... Sorry...... Bad Habit.....
Old 07-06-2008, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Daverb
After not being on much, and reading some posting, some people should really review what they wrote and check the spelling. some either drop a letter, or just plan old do not make sense of what they are saying. IMO Do some agree or disagree. I think some are just trying to type out quick to get as many post done to get thier count up.
LOL!!! This must be meant as a joke because the spelling and grammar is atrocious in this post!
Old 07-06-2008, 10:31 AM

spelling and proper grammer is not what we are all here for. We are here to talk about our awesome HHR's.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:35 AM

True. But if the spelling and grammar are bad enough I just skip the post and miss out on all those pearls of wisdom....

Besides, all those red lines under the misspelled words should be a clue.... ( I'm using Firefox for my browser)
Old 07-06-2008, 10:42 AM

frosty... was in the hhr of the month thread a couple of weeks ago. there were a few individuals that wanted to use the post/count as a way to determine who was eligible to vote for car of the month... ie the new guy didn t know what they were doing??? i set the standard for bad typing... should see my hand writing
Old 07-06-2008, 10:47 AM

Hardly the best way to make your point when you yourself failed to spell and form proper sentences.

But anyways, I do agree to a point.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mrmaasta
Hardly the best way to make your point when you yourself failed to spell and form proper sentences.

But anyways, I do agree to a point.
who were you refering to? if me... i wasn t trying to make a point... if not ok... i type the way i do because the magnifier only allows me to see a couple of characters at a time... really hard to go back and proof everything...
Old 07-06-2008, 11:18 AM

he was referring to the first post... it was bad

Quick Reply: Haven't been on lately