The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

HHR in Linus' Wake...

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 12:47 PM

HHR in Linus' Wake...

Some of you guys that missed this one might enjoy this kind of thing. I actually should have taken the pic before running the snowblower along the side of it. I like how the drift makes it look like a mini version of a GM "dustbuster" minivan from 20+ years ago...

Cliffnotes: We got about 15" of powder here, and it blew all over the place on Super Bowl Sunday, creating a few interesting shapes in the process.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:01 PM
Administrator

Bbbrrrrrr, snow day!
Old 02-02-2015, 01:36 PM
Banned

Haha it was fun to drive back from Port Huron to Perry Area last night. Between PoHo and East Flint, and West Flint to Perry, 1 lane was plowed.. Caught up to a State Trooper in a line of cars(he had a Dodge Charger) and he signaled a merge, got over, and passed the line of cars, and got up to 60mph(96.5kph) after that. I had fun driving in the hammer lane without being plowed. True testament to the Michelin Defender Tires I have. Only reason I lost control a bit was because a truck was getting wind blown while I was next to it, and I didn't want to get hit, so I "slid" over a little, and it was a bit much to the edge of the roadway.. but I never went in the ditch or lost real control.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:52 PM

No thanks.

Was watching the news at 11, and they were showing major surface roads like Woodward and Telegraph were like that, too. One lane in the middle that was mostly ruts, and anyone trying to turn through the divider was in trouble. Right turns seemed OK, though.
Old 02-06-2015, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by LawDog88
Haha it was fun to drive back from Port Huron to Perry Area last night. Between PoHo and East Flint, and West Flint to Perry, 1 lane was plowed.. Caught up to a State Trooper in a line of cars(he had a Dodge Charger) and he signaled a merge, got over, and passed the line of cars, and got up to 60mph(96.5kph) after that. I had fun driving in the hammer lane without being plowed. True testament to the Michelin Defender Tires I have. Only reason I lost control a bit was because a truck was getting wind blown while I was next to it, and I didn't want to get hit, so I "slid" over a little, and it was a bit much to the edge of the roadway.. but I never went in the ditch or lost real control.
I knew we made a good tire there thks lawdog88
Old 02-06-2015, 09:09 AM

Hey, I had one of those dust buster vans! 93 Lumina APV. My wife wouldn't drive it haha. It was a temporary ride after my Blazer's tranny lost reverse and until I found my 09 HHR. The van had a 3.1, 175,000 miles, and was actually a pretty good vehicle. Tons of room. I brought home a spare refrigerator in it! Sold it to a guy that was hard up for a car fro $400. I probably could have recouped the $800 I paid for it, but I wasn't greedy. I would have felt bad if it would have died right after I sold it to him. But for $400, eh. It's still kicking, as far as I know.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:48 AM

I have driven those roads many times Lawdog88. I am from Chesaning, MI. and have lived in Corunna and Elsie, Michigan

Now at Rogers City, Michigan four hours north and we only got about 2 inches of snow during that storm. We have only had about 6 inches so far this winter.

Boydie

Originally Posted by LawDog88