The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Hooked on Ebonics....what?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 02:56 PM

Hooked on Ebonics....what?

Ok so some might enjoy this, others... Not so much..

You've read about it in newspapers. It's been debated by educators and politicians all over the country. It's a phenomenon that's headed straight for your town. Get ready for it with.... Hooked on Ebonics™!

Hooked on Ebonics™ is the fast, easy way to learn Ebonics, the 400-year old language that no one had heard of or cared about until just a few years ago. Whether you believe Ebonics is a legitimate language or merely the dialect of the future for those who have none, one things' for sure: You'll need to learn it! And you can -- without having to enroll in an Oakland, California public school! With the Hooked On Ebonics™ advanced audiocassette and flash card system, you'll be flamboastin' your fresh-dipped flow with ruthless effext! Don't know what we're talking about? Scope dis!

Hooked on Ebonics™ will teach you how to speak improper English properly! You'll learn:
How to drop consonants off the end of words for no reason whatsoever!
The special tongue exercises that help you turn the "th" sound into the "ff" sound!
How to ignore years of traditional English grammar in just minutes!

Y'all be down wif da 4-1-1, an' whatnot? Boo-yaaa!!! 'Cause Hooked on Ebonics™ is butter! See for yourself!

Here's a typical seventh grade student giving an oral report:

"George Washington became our first president in 1789. He was chosen because of the leadership he showed as General during the Revolutionary War. Following America's victory, Washington was instrumental in lobbying for ratification of the Constitution. Resourceful and brave, his personal discipline was essential to the new Union. We can all be grateful that he was there for our nation's growing pains."

Now here's that very same student after listening to Da ABC's of Ebonics™ series:

"George was da head G, you know what I'm sayin? Da head chump in Englan' be frontin', so Wash goes, 'Uh-uh homey, I got mad skillz!' So da King goes, 'You ain't be grabbin' my hood, timbertooth!' So Wash goes, 'You know where I be, Poindexter!' So da King sends his boyz over for a sail-by, but BOOM! Wash wastes their sorry ass. In conclusion, Georgie was da BOMB!"

Clearly, the Hooked on Ebonics™ student has a firmer grasp of the socio-political realities of the Post-Colonial period. More importantly, he's cool! His teach be droppin' him a A++!
Old 03-12-2007, 03:00 PM

That is definitely not "politically correct"...I like it.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:02 PM

Reminds me of the movie Airplane when the old lady says "I speak jive".
Old 03-12-2007, 03:09 PM

Cut me som' slac' jak! Chump don' wan' no help, chump don' git no help. Jive ass dude don' got no brains anyhow.

love that movie
Old 03-12-2007, 03:13 PM

Oh man, ja mofo be laying me to the bone. She jackin me up, tightly!

The sad thing about this not being politically correct is that THIS is EXACTLY how the younger generation is starting to talk. I mean, come on, BLING is in webster's now. WTF is up with that?! Werd!
Old 03-12-2007, 05:30 PM

That be fu-nee !
Old 03-12-2007, 06:48 PM
Banned

I ain't be needin Hooked on Ebonics™. It just comes natural for me. I went to inner city schools and have loved hip-hop my whole life.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:01 PM

Not my thing. I guess some people think flatulence is funny too. Enjoy.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:54 PM

If your kid gets an "A" in Ebonics, is that good or bad ?
Old 03-12-2007, 08:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
If your kid gets an "A" in Ebonics, is that good or bad ?
I think it's the official language around here so I guess it would be good.

Quick Reply: Hooked on Ebonics....what?