The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

How do you handle solicitors?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 05:59 AM
Banned

It depends on the situation and type of solicitor. I handle religious solicitors way differently than I handle salesman and people fund raising. I usually just f*ck with the person until they get sick of me and leave on their own.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:20 AM

Ditto

Originally Posted by captain howdy
It depends on the situation and type of solicitor. I handle religious solicitors way differently than I handle salesman and people fund raising. I usually just f*ck with the person until they get sick of me and leave on their own.
I sorta like religious wackos coming to the door, I talk to them, see what their topic is, and we`re off to the races.
It doesn`t take long before they run away mad...

Last edited by Black Beauty; 04-09-2007 at 09:07 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-09-2007, 07:19 AM

Well 1st they can not get to the front door, unless they jump a 4' chain link fence, that has a 12' rolling gate at the drivway that is alwayslocked.
If they have done that I have a Iron Gate 10' feet from the front door, they can't get to the door.
So if they have jumped the fence and have gotten the iron gate,and can not get to the door, they start banging on a window, Then i get out my 30.6 and open the door.
They are poof gone.
The phone, just ask for thier work number so you can report harrassment and collect some money, I am on the DNC list. Oh well Life goes on.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
That reminds me of what my son did one time. At the time he was like 16, outside with his little brothers. Well they stopped and started talking religion with him. They had a couple of kids and adults with them. The adults walked on to the next house. Some how they got on the topic of how killing is a sin and you will go to hell(I have no idea how they got there). So my kid being a smart @$$ he is said what happens when you kill an fly, or other bugs like spiders, is that not murder of one of god creatures, they looked at him like he was crazy. He keep tring to get them to answer and they never could. So finally he said well I guess we are all going to hell for killing something and walked off.

Funny they have never been around again.
Now dont go getting crazy anyone, just a 16 year old having fun with someone else.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by oldschoolfreak
i usually answer the door in my undies and only my undies it sends them all runnin for the hills!!! LOL

as far as the phone calls i usually interupt them ask for their home phone and ask what time they sit down for dinner so i can call them and beg for cash and say thanx and hang up!
I've done the undies thing before, too. As far as the phone, until I was on the "Do Not Call" list, I asked for their credit card number up front. I figure my time is valuable. THey don't call back much after that.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:20 PM

Good news! I heard recently that those on the DNC list can no longer contacted for political contributions. I can't wait. The phone wouldn't stop ringing last fall.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:29 PM

I just ignore people