The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.
View Poll Results: Immigration problem
Needs to be fixed/addressed
90.52%
Leave it alone, no problem
9.48%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Immigration problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 07:20 PM

Immigration problem

This thread/poll is a 'What should be done' type thing.
I see the topic bleeding in on threads, thought some may want to discuss, and you don`t have to, something that doesn`t seem to be going away and will possibly get worst before it gets better.
Three things to remember,
(1) Unless you`re a Native American, you`re an immigrant.
(2) Other site members will see your opinion, they may be someone you like, but really don`t know.
(3) It`s only a poll, don`t get too riled up, we/you can`t change anything by going nuts on the site.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:44 PM

It is so hard to ingnore somethings, in our USA. Shame all does not have an ingnore button. That way fights, slaming, etc does not happen.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
This thread/poll is a 'What should be done' type thing.
I see the topic bleeding in on threads, thought some may want to discuss, and you don`t have to, something that doesn`t seem to be going away and will possibly get worst before it gets better.
Three things to remember,
(2) Other site members will see your opinion, they may be someone you like, but really don`t know.
(3) It`s only a poll, don`t get too riled up, we/you can`t change anything by going nuts on the site.
(1) I don't know about you,but I was born here.Jersey City to be exact.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
As defined by Merriam-Webster

immigrates: as a: a person who comes to a country to take up permanent residence

So unless you were born here or have parents who have legal residence, you're an immigrant.

The poll has a loaded question. The poll already implies that there is an "immigration problem". I don't think it should be addressed as a "problem". It should be address as a "policy". As with any domestic and foreign policies, it is not a question of whether it should be "fixed". The currently policies must be able to evolve in order to accept changes in technology and the ever changing world in general.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:59 PM

What the heck, I'll play. When you say we have an immigration problem, you need to be more specific. We do not have an immigration problem with those who want to come to our country to have the opportunity to make a better life for themselves and their family. We do have a major illegal immigration problem that no one in Washington in either party is willing to fix. I'm a supporter of President Bush, but I can not stand with him on this immigration Bill. IMO we need border security first, not amnesty for 12 to 20 million illegals who do not respect our laws. I also think we need INS reform, to make it easier for those who want to be a citizen, and are willing to work. We need to make it easier for those who want to work and contribute, while weeding out those with ill intentions. Perhaps easier said than done, but IMO nothing can happen until we control our borders.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:03 PM

I was born here so I'm NOT an immigrant. Just because my ancestors came from Europe and other parts of the world make me no less American and native-born even though I'm not Native American.

So I guess I'm a native American but not a Native American.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:07 PM

I don't have a problem with it and if any one does then send a letter to your Congressman or women. I can see were this is going. Here we go once again!

Rudy (Z-Man) aka LLB
Old 06-11-2007, 08:07 PM

I guess I should`ve made it clear that if you don`t like the subject matter, feel free to not post and move along.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:18 PM

I'm sorry but let's tell it like it is.........

Anyone should know that a topic like this will only cause issues and will be quickly locked. I just don't understand the need for threads like this, unless of course someone lives for the drama it can cause.

Peace, out!
Old 06-11-2007, 08:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by HonestBlues
(1) I don't know about you,but I was born here.Jersey City to be exact.
so is it okay when a family comes here, has a child that is born here, and then is seperated from the child?

so the child grows up here without a family and their families not born here are sent back to where they came from...is that a good solution?

that is my major opposition to what they are proposing

Quick Reply: Immigration problem