The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Kudos-Good dealership review

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 02:53 PM

Kudos-Good dealership review

I saw a bad dealership review and wanted to add a good one. They aren't all bad...

OK.
I am a soldier, currently in Iraq. Right before deploying, my Ford Explorer was t-boned by a police car who had run a red light. Long story short, I was OK, car totaled, their fault, they paid. Good enough.

So now, I'm in Iraq thinking about what kind of car I want to buy for when I return home. After a lot of research, I decided on an HHR. I liked the styling, fuel economy, I can put my pooch in the back, etc.

I come home to NY in February on two weeks R&R. I decide instead of renting a car the whole time, I'll just go ahead and purchase the HHR now that way it's ready to go when I return home in the summer. I look on yahoo autos and find this sweet, Black '06 LT2 at Vail Chevrolet in New Rochelle, NY. I drive up from the Island to check it out. Sales person greets me (Can't remember his name now but will add it later), offers coffee, the whole bit. We go out to look at the car. It's pouring rain. I do a cursory check, start it up...I'm excited, everything looks good so I work a deal for $13.2, put a g down o deposit and tell them I'll be back in the morn with a cashier's check for payment in full.

I show up the next day, cars not ready. Also, after looking at it, I notice the front bumper was cracked from a low speed collision. Nothing major, but noticeable. Didn't notice it in the pouring rain. Also, some scratches and minor dings.

I'm not happy.

Salesperson calls out Carmine-the General Manager. Carmine says "didn't you look at the car before you put the deposit?" Salesperson interrupts and says "In his defense-it was pouring rain". Carmine rubs his chin and says. OK. Sorry the car's not ready. Take the car. Drive it for the weekend. Bring it back on Monday with a list of anything and everything you find wrong with it, that way we can take care of it all at once while we are REPLACING AND PAINTING your new front bumper. Hoo ah!

OK. Now I'm back in Iraq. Car is in storage at my Aunt's house. I read a thread here about sand-blasting on the quarter panels and running boards. I noticed the sandblasting just before I left and ordered some mudflaps, but I decide to go ahead and get the TSB to my Aunt and have her take care of it at a Bowtie dealership by her house. They give her a ration of ****, Don't know anything about the TSB. Gotta take it to the dealership I bought it from, yadda yadda yadda. My Aunt calls Carmine. Carmine says that they are full of ****. They just don't wont to do it. Carmine says ****-em. Bring it back here, We'll take care of it...

Vail Chevrolet
New Rochelle, NY (by Rye Playland) exit 18 (I think) off the NY State Thruway (I-95)
Carmine-General Manager

Give -em some business, you won't be disappointed, I definitely was not. Great place to do business. Kudos.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:35 PM

I bet you can't wait to get home to your new ride! Be safe over there...good luck & thank you for your service!
Old 04-27-2008, 11:19 PM

First off; Thank you for what you do, its because of your service that we have the freedom to choose. Second, congrats on the HHR, cant wait to see some pics once you get home!
Thanks again!