The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Leasing Turn-In

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 06:04 PM

Leasing Turn-In

Ok...question. I'm sure you can't, but thought I'd ask anyways.

My mom has a 2007 G6 she is leasing until next August. Is there any way you can turn it into a Chrysler dealer early and buy a new Chrysler? Like, can they buy out the lease and sell it?

I'm sure you can't...but I thought I'd ask. She wants to buy a new Avenger.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:30 PM

I suspect they can figure out a way to do anything, by burying her payments into the purchase of the new car and then paying it off. I know that GM dealer can work it out with GM cars, sort of as an incentive to get you to move on and up.

I'd suggest patience. A year from now, something nicer will be available to her and she'll be free of the lease.

PS - I still say leasing bites the bag - and this is just one of the many reasons!
Old 09-20-2009, 09:34 PM

Well yeah, leasing is bad...because she can't keep a car for that long! I know her only reason for wanting to get rid of it now is so she wouldn't have to pay the rest of the payments (which I'm sure she'd still end up doing anyways....)
Old 09-21-2009, 08:37 PM

Yeah - the difference between RENT and LEASE is COMMITTMENT. When you rent, you can return it - when you lease, it is a long-term contract that varies in length. People can't always understand that part. Also, as a part of the deal, renting is more expensive (for that short term) as the committment isn't there. Leasing gets the price down, but here comes the committment. Plus, with Leasing they've got you by the s when it comes to tiny dents, mileage, and the (usually) big "acquisition fee". Plus, at the end of the lease what've you got - as the song says NOTHIN.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:47 PM

Yeah, I went to the dealer today, and basically she would have to pay out the remainder of the lease...then buy the new car. No point really getting rid of it now if she's going to have to pay for it anyways...might as well still drive it for another year since it's a 2007 and only has 14,000 miles.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:51 PM

better watch those miles as according to the lease contract.... wil be paying overage
Old 09-21-2009, 10:06 PM

The dealer will only do a "pull ahead" of only 1 or 2 months, and that's if you're lucky. But you would have to be purchasing or leasing the next car from the returning dealer. I tried this 4 months before I had to turn in my Cadillac CTS and they wouldn't do it that far out.

P.S. In my case, the dealer lost out because I would have bought a brand new HHR SS if they worked with be as, they just came out at the time. I ended up losing interest for a while worrying about the economic conditions, turned in the Caddy and didn't pick up another car for a few more months until my job seemed secure. By that time, preowned HHR SS' were hitting the market with extremely low miles (turned in from the bottoming economy at the time no doubt), and I spent a good $6k less than taking the beating on a new one.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by JimZ_HHR
better watch those miles as according to the lease contract.... wil be paying overage
Ha ha ha...I don't think that will be a problem. She drives about 6k a year....