Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   The Lounge (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/lounge-10/)
-   -   MI State Police not messing around... (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/lounge-10/mi-state-police-not-messing-around-35174/)

nacademus 04-20-2011 03:11 PM

I dare an officer try an purloin my information. Its mine, I own it. I might as well let them read my personal email.

Not without a warrant.

If this is legal, so should bittorrenting be

urbexHHR 04-20-2011 03:18 PM

Well the Michigan legislature seems to think they can do whatever they want....especially now since our new wonderful Governor is in charge....:roll: They have no regards to the Constitution.

diskullman 04-20-2011 03:36 PM

Sounds like about as "unreasonable" as possible to me. They must get a court order to search your home telephone records, why would this be any different?

diskullman 04-20-2011 03:37 PM

By downloading whatever is on a phone, they may be violating copywrite laws for any music or media that has been put on the smart phones files.

SmootHHR 04-20-2011 03:52 PM

TWD is illegal in Cincinnati (Hamilton County) for sure, not so sure about the rest of the state. That's still the only use I can think of for it.

nacademus 04-20-2011 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by diskullman (Post 557085)
By downloading whatever is on a phone, they may be violating copywrite laws for any music or media that has been put on the smart phones files.

Precisely.

Mowgli 04-20-2011 04:00 PM

Can I?

No

unreasonable search

invasion of privacy - MYOFB

Get pulled over = turn your phone off and just say no

cosmic1 04-20-2011 05:22 PM

Rights - smights, we gave them up a long time ago. The PTB will do what they want, when they want and where they want. Most will go along with anything the LEO says because he is the LAW. Sadly we have become a nation of sheeple and I see little in the way of anything changing that.

"Those who would trade liberty for security deserve neither"
Paraphrasing Ben Franklin

GRUMPEE 04-20-2011 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by cosmic1 (Post 557102)
Rights - smights, we gave them up a long time ago. The PTB will do what they want, when they want and where they want. Most will go along with anything the LEO says because he is the LAW. Sadly we have become a nation of sheeple and I see little in the way of anything changing that.

"Those who would trade liberty for security deserve neither"
Paraphrasing Ben Franklin

"Law enforcement officers are known, on occasion, to encourage citizens to cooperate if they have nothing to hide" - dam poor excuse to cooperate with the Law.

Exactly.....once you become part of a nation of sheep you're Flocked up my friend

Thisstrangeengine 04-20-2011 09:58 PM

Looks to be a cable connection between the phone and the device, so my guess is they have to ask you for your phone. Now if you hand it over voluntarily your'e giving them permission to search. On the other hand if you refuse, they assume you are hiding something and drag your a$$ in! Either way you are screwed my friends....