Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   The Lounge (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/lounge-10/)
-   -   MI State Police not messing around... (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/lounge-10/mi-state-police-not-messing-around-35174/)

sleeper 04-20-2011 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by GRUMPEE (Post 557109)
"Law enforcement officers are known, on occasion, to encourage citizens to cooperate if they have nothing to hide" - dam poor excuse to cooperate with the Law.

Exactly.....once you become part of a nation of sheep you're Flocked up my friend

Agreed... Get a warrant.. Big Brother taking another step.

asanti 04-21-2011 12:24 PM

Here's a link to the FULL article I found on the web today.

http://redtape.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...ell-phone-data

LawDog88 04-21-2011 12:29 PM

Nice link Allex.

Gas Man 04-22-2011 06:59 PM

They got those in 2005/2006, so I doubt that still applies. Further, the entire MSP only had like 6 of them.

87silver 04-22-2011 09:10 PM

The older I get, the more I view the police as the enemy. I 50+ years old, pay my taxes and have a clean record including my drivers license, so this is not resentment due to some lame experience with them. It is due to observation. They have waged war on good citizens, because good citizens are an easy target for them to manipulate. And it's also a crime to be DWY (driving while young). Many of the good kids around my area are harrassed because these thugs in blue disguise know that they can intimidate a good kid. My son wanted to be a cop, but has lost the desire because he does not want to be part of this and I don't blame him. It really pisses me off that the good people of our neighborhood have to pay their taxes only to be harassed by the police who are too cowardice to go after the violent crimes and drug related gangs in the dangerous part of the city. :usa:

urbexHHR 04-22-2011 09:15 PM

What really irks me is the fact that they don't need to follow the laws. About a week ago, an officer was killed in a single car crash late at night a few miles from my house. He was going to a call for backup to pull a car over in another town. They figure he was going over 100mph on a rural road, and lost control flipping several times. He was ejected because he wasn't wearing his seatbelt and killed. First of all, there was no need for him to be going that fast. Not an armed robber in progress going on... The road he was on was a straight road, and the road was dry, so conditions were good. It's unclear why he lost control of the cruiser. No one knows if he would have lived had he been wearing his seatbelt though.

And, to top it all off, the guy who was getting pulled over they needed assistance with is being charged with manslaughter. That is ridiculous. It's not that guys fault that the cop was using VERY poor judgment and breaking the law. I just hate how they feel that they are above it. Had that been me, driving at 1am and getting killed, they'd probably send a ticket to my parents since I wasn't wearing a seatbelt.

843de 04-22-2011 09:25 PM

FWIW in the case of the officer killed in the single car accident, although it seems he was in the wrong, don't be so quick to judge. I have been told by my friends on the force that when a call comes through for "officer needs assistance" its a case of react first, then when things are all done they think about how they reacted and why. Quite a few officers I know are in the habit(a bad one if you ask me)of not wearing seat belts because they get "tangled" in their duty belts.

urbexHHR 04-22-2011 09:27 PM

That's still no excuse. I can be running late for work, doesn't make a case if I get pulled over not wearing a seatbelt. Also, he knew what the call was going out for. This wasn't in some big city with high crime. Small country town for a traffic stop. No reason to be going that fast.

843de 04-22-2011 09:46 PM

Small town cop with a traffic stop it might have been, but remember that traffic stops can go bad in a hurry and many officers have paid the ultimate price. Officers don't call for backup just for giggles, they do it because they perceive a reasonable threat and thereby feel justified in calling in backup. A bad guy with a gun hidden under the seat will kill you just as dead in Podunkville as he will in New York City, criminals are criminals no matter where they are. Maybe the officer was in violation of procedures when he tore off unbelted and speeding, but I've seen the "red mist" that takes over in a situation like that first hand.

urbexHHR 04-23-2011 06:02 AM

Yeah, well I know plenty of cops who are just plain old dicks, and that's what this guy was. Again, no reason to be going that fast without a seatbelt on. I don't care what you say, there was NO reason.

If I was all excited because I was heading to get some "action" forgot to put my seatbelt on and was killed, does that make it right? Well, my mind was preoccupied? No! That doesn't make a difference. There are still laws, and the police need to follow them like everyone else. NO EXCEPTIONS!