The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

MLB Second Half

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 04:20 PM

MLB Second Half

Any world series predictions. I unfortunately have the Pirates as a hometown team so I think it will be the Padres vs. Oakland Athletics.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:48 PM

go Yankees,,Yankees over San Diego in 6 games
Old 07-10-2007, 05:08 PM

Huge Cardinal fan here. Go Redbirds!! I'm not foolish enough to believe the Cards can repeat, however no one thought they would beat the Mets last year, not to mention the Tigers. It's going to take a bunch of players getting healthy and staying on the field, but anything is possible. The Brewers look pretty tough right now, so they may make a run. I wouldn't be surprised if Colorado put together a run to contend. If I had to choose I would say the Anaheim Angels vs. the New York Mets.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:12 PM

I don't know. All those high-paid 40-year-old pitchers are dropping like flies. I know the Mets are loaded. They just struggle way too often.

I'm not writing off the Cardinals yet. Pujols sure proved he still had the home run swing last night. They just need to find some pitching, preferably some without personal issues!
Old 07-10-2007, 05:14 PM

there's a second half??? doesnt it ever end?
Old 07-10-2007, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by JimZ_HHR
there's a second half??? doesnt it ever end?
IMO it ends too soon, but we (my family and I) love baseball.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:21 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by mizzouHHR
IMO it ends too soon, but we (my family and I) love baseball.
same here, I LOVE baseball...I wish it lasted longer. I can't get enough of it. I am hoping for the Cubs to really turn it on in the second half, and overtake Milwaukee to win the division. GO CUBS!
Old 07-11-2007, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by mizzouHHR
Huge Cardinal fan here. Go Redbirds!! I'm not foolish enough to believe the Cards can repeat, however no one thought they would beat the Mets last year, not to mention the Tigers. It's going to take a bunch of players getting healthy and staying on the field, but anything is possible. The Brewers look pretty tough right now, so they may make a run. I wouldn't be surprised if Colorado put together a run to contend. If I had to choose I would say the Anaheim Angels vs. the New York Mets.
I'm right there with you on the STL support. As for my predictions out of the NL central, it seems to be tradition that the Astros get off on a serious tear in the 2nd half. Still too early for me to be able to make my own WS predictions, but I WILL predict that it won't end up being the WS matchup that I had in my MLB2k7 game last month (KC vs Washington ).
Old 07-11-2007, 09:42 AM

Hopefully Ed's Phillies will slip a bit in the standings, giving my team, the Heavy Metal Buddhas, a fighting chance come play off time to finally win a championship.

Oh, wait, you guys are not talking Fantasy league, are you?
Old 07-11-2007, 07:51 PM

Lets go METS

Quick Reply: MLB Second Half