The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Need To Rant!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 10:21 AM

Need To Rant!!

Well Got my Fiance Student Loan Bill. Its like having another Dam Car Payment! Only for the Next 30yr's. O did i mention there are NO Jobs in the Fashion Industry let alone any other background.

Here's to renting for the next 35yr's.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:48 AM

Could have been worse. I got stuck with the huge bill and have no degree to show for it! (Long story!)

But yeah, I feel your pain.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:24 AM

I feel your pain.
I'm enjoying the fact my undergrad and Masters loans are in deferment until I finish my PhD in 2011--been using those extra monies to pay off credit cards, add to my 403b, get things for the car etc. I'm also working a contract job here on campus (I read applications) to make extra $ so I don't have to take out more loans then I need to.

My parents were farm workers, so I have paid for all this myself. I've gone to nothing but public university's, but it still isn't cheap.

I will never own a house in this lifetime.
but I drive a nice car.

@
Old 01-15-2009, 11:30 AM

i know the pain. Luckily they only own me for the next 15 years, and less if i can swing it.

I have a few friends in the fashion industry and they are saying the exact same thing, no jobs.l Time are tough in the design field though, glad I got my job before al the sh** went down, and i'm holding on to it.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:38 PM

Come on over to Cleveland. You can Buy 3-5 nice houses in your lifetime for the prices in So Cal
Old 01-15-2009, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Clevelandhhrss
Come on over to Cleveland. You can Buy 3-5 nice houses in your lifetime for the prices in So Cal
LOL!
I think you know the answer to that one!
I guess I should have said I will never payoff my loans in this lifetime!

@

Shhhh!

Your choice to get a loan.. you could have gotten a job, saved the money, go to school. You could have enlisted in the military,served and gotten monetary assistance (GI Bill) and gone to school. You could have skipped going to further your schooling and gotten a job..

I'll get to pay for your schooling, just as I get to pay for those who don't want to pay for their medical insurance, food housing, raising their kids...like I have a bottomless pocket for this.

Last edited by HillsdaleHHR; 01-15-2009 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Admin edit
Old 01-15-2009, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Old Lar
Your choice to get a loan.. you could have gotten a job, saved the money, go to school. You could have enlisted in the military,served and gotten monetary assistance (GI Bill) and gone to school. You could have skipped going to further your schooling and gotten a job..

I'll get to pay for your schooling, just as I get to pay for those who don't want to pay for their medical insurance, food housing, raising their kids...like I have a bottomless pocket for this.
And I'll bet you have a job to offer.

I went to night school for almost 15 years while working full time and paying my own way. I finally got my engineering degree in '09. In early '02 my job went to Mexico. For three and a half years that degree wasn't worth toilet paper. I begged for any job I could get. I finally got a part time labor job (heavy lifting) that earned about $90/week.

Last edited by HillsdaleHHR; 01-15-2009 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Admin edit
Old 01-15-2009, 01:58 PM

Never assume that those of us who attend college go when we are 18 or weren't working full-time:

A.A: 32 (7 years of night school, working full-time)
B.A: 35 (worked 2-3 jobs)
M.S: 40 (worked full-time)
PhD: will have by my late 40's (working full-time)

And still managed to continue helping to support my parents.
Loans were to augment the fact I had different obligations an 18 year old didn't have.

I'm single and kid-free by choice and pay for everyone else's kids to go to school and have no problem with it.

Yep, and my choice to get an education/take out loans and have never defaulted on my repayments.

@

Quick Reply: Need To Rant!!