The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

The next thread...

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 11:43 AM

The next thread...

This thread is about the REAL meaning of the Fourth of July, and if you understand it, you know it`s not about supporting any policy that the government is dishing out, or restricting your oppurtunity to speak out, (like the OTHER thread), but a celebration of our independence from an oppressive King/government, that the original Colonist believed were counter productive to the lifestyle they were looking for, and had actually left in search of.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
This thread is about the REAL meaning of the Fourth of July, and if you understand it, you know it`s not about supporting any policy that the government is dishing out, or restricting your oppurtunity to speak out, (like the OTHER thread), but a celebration of our independence from an oppressive King/government, that the original Colonist believed were counter productive to the lifestyle they were looking for, and had actually left in search of.
Darn,all this time I thought it was about grilling out and shooting off fireworks.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:05 PM

Yep, that too, and you can feel free to say so here, even it someone may not think that was a POSITVE thing.
Some places don`t allow fireworks, gotta protect those careless few, so that`s not a given.
Some people don`t grill, it wouldn`t be a positive to them...
See.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by HonestBlues
Darn,all this time I thought it was about grilling out and shooting off fireworks.
Me too. For us in here NY there is the addition activity of smuggling the fireworks in to our beutiful state. I guess that falls into the independence from an oppressive King / government part. At least the police leave you alone for the most part when you set them off on the 4th of July even though they are illegal.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Me too. For us in here NY there is the addition activity of smuggling the fireworks in to our beutiful state. I guess that falls into the independence from an oppressive King / government part. At least the police leave you alone for the most part when you set them off on the 4th of July even though they are illegal.
Darn right CH,here in Alabama they still allow adults to be kids.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:27 PM

Fireworks are illegal, so those under 18yrs. can survive long enough to be enlisted, handed a gun and pointed in the direction of the next country we want to liberate, ie; make independent.