The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

It Was Nice Having A New HHR....

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 05:18 PM

It Was Nice Having A New HHR....

I am reminded of words from an old Cream song from the 60's entitled "Born Under a Bad Sign" - if it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all...

We had a freakishly intense wind storm this afternoon in central New Jersey. It didn't last long - only long enough to blow the old, obsolete tv antenna off the roof of the house I rent and on to my peacefully reposing HHR. Just 1 small dent in the hood, but dozens of long scratches in the paint and the windshield.

It's a black HHR, too - which I spend an inordinate amount of time trying to keep spotless. I guess that will temper my obsessiveness to some degree.

5 payments down - 67 to go. Woe is me!

Willie R.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:22 PM

All this is, is a chance for you to make it your own. Get it fixed and make it yours!!
Old 01-30-2008, 05:22 PM

Any pics? We've been having some pretty strong wind here too.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:41 PM

The winds were insane today.

I had the day off so the wife and I took a drive about an hour south of here. The crosswind on the highway was so stong I was having to steer to the right to keep the car straight.

Changed the route of our return trip to avoid crosswinds as much as possible.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by kornellred
I am reminded of words from an old Cream song from the 60's entitled "Born Under a Bad Sign" - if it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all...

We had a freakishly intense wind storm this afternoon in central New Jersey. It didn't last long - only long enough to blow the old, obsolete tv antenna off the roof of the house I rent and on to my peacefully reposing HHR. Just 1 small dent in the hood, but dozens of long scratches in the paint and the windshield.

It's a black HHR, too - which I spend an inordinate amount of time trying to keep spotless. I guess that will temper my obsessiveness to some degree.

5 payments down - 67 to go. Woe is me!

Willie R.
Do you plan on getting it repaired? The homeowner's property insurance coverage should pay the full amount. Make sure they didn't leaving anything else up on that roof!
Old 01-31-2008, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by SandyBeach
The homeowner's property insurance coverage should pay the full amount.
Unless, of course, the lease/rental agreement requires him to carry his own renters insurance.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:13 PM

Bummer, dude! The renters policy probably won't cover because they are usually only on the contents of the home. The owner normally carries the policy that covers the structure, property, etc. This should be covered by their homeowners policy.
Old 02-01-2008, 05:17 PM

The homeowner should be liable for damage caused to the vehicle. He is required to maintain the home appropriately. If you check your rental agreement, it probably states that fact.

If the homeowner doesn't pay for the damage, sue him. You may win the home in the lawsuit!
Old 02-01-2008, 05:35 PM

Does the insurance cover acts of God/nature?

High winds broke a Eucalyptus branch down and onto a coworker's car, which basically made it a total loss. The business property owner refuses to cover damages because it was an act of nature.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:17 PM

My landlady is a wonderful, wonderful woman. I pay rent for my apartment which is about half the going rate for this area of New Jersey. Plus I get free utilities and cable.

I would not dream of asking her to submit a claim to her home owner's insurance. She offered to take care of the $250 deductible amount associated with the comprehensive portion of my auto insurance. I tried to talk her out of that but she would have no part of it. (!)

My HHR is in the auto body shop and repairs have already begun.

It's ironic - my windshield was optically flawed (only slightly) from the factory and is being replaced because of the deep scratches put in it from the falling antenna. And there were a couple of chips and swirl marks in the clearcoat on the hood that I was thinking of getting repaired.....hmmmm..makes me wonder!

I hope they do a good job getting my HHR back into shape!

WR

Quick Reply: It Was Nice Having A New HHR....