The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.
View Poll Results: What do you think of the Wii?!? (if you haven't already, you gotta try it!!!)
I have one already!
37.93%
I don't have one but I WANT ONE!!!
23.28%
I don't have one & I could care less about it!
38.79%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Nintendo Wii

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 10:08 PM

Thumbs up Nintendo Wii

I just wanted to start a thread regarding the HOTTEST product in the history of products, the Nintendo Wii. I am wondering how many people have one, have played it, what you think about it, etc. This thing has been on the market 13 months and it is STILL required to stand in line for hours before a store opens just to have a chance to get one. I went to my local Best Buy this Sunday, as they were to have a minimum of 18 per store per the Sunday ad, and they were already sold out 1 hour before the store opened when I got there due to the numbers already being handed out to the lucky people in line.

I have to be honest, I had NO INTEREST in getting one of these things...that is until I played it over Thanksgiving at my in-laws gathering and saw my wife's 80+ grandma playing it with us, among other family members who would normally never touch a video game. And the realism blew me away, particularly in the bowling game. The thing actually senses your motion down to the way you twist your hand when releasing the ball, just as if you were bowling in real life.

I GOTTA GET ME A WII!!!
Old 12-03-2007, 10:13 PM

And I bet some of those got put back for the workers at the store. I would like to try it. I heard on one news commitary that they are useing them in exercise programs at senior homes.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:29 PM

We've had one for about 6 months now. I like it - it's different.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:44 PM

I would love to have one, but my wife would kill me (we already own about a million PS2 games).

My son just bought XBox 360. I don't think it's worth all the hype.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:49 PM
Banned

No thanks......I'm older than 13. Good adult games for Nintendo systems are rare because they prefer to milk licenses like their Italian plumber and crew, fruity little green hat wearing elf guy, goofy little monsters that can only say their name that love to fight each other, and Sonic now. As the video game industry and it's consumers grow up Nintendo refuses to do the same. They are still stuck in their 80s 8 bit roots when it comes to what they publish for their system. I think Nintendo's strategy of pulling in people that normally wouldn't game is playing out for them and working but it's definitely not a hard core gamers system. I haven't quite settled on my first next gen system yet but PS3 is leading the pack. There are no must have games on any of the next gen systems yet IMO but Metal Gear Solid 4 will soon change that.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:08 PM

Wii is cool because you have to move around and not just sitting there. I like mine, tiger woods golf is sweet just like actually golfing you swing the remote. Make sure you get your free wii remote cover/skin from nintendo they are so much more comfortable.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:16 PM
Banned

PS3 has Sixaxis so the goofy Wii remote and nunchuk is really nothing special. The Playstation controller is the standard when it comes to ease and comfort too. I cant say I've ever picked up my DVD remote and said, "Wow....This would make a great game controller if I attached a watered down Playstation one handed RPG controller to it."
Old 12-03-2007, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
PS3 has Sixaxis so the goofy Wii remote and nunchuk is really nothing special. The Playstation controller is the standard when it comes to ease and comfort too. I cant say I've ever picked up my DVD remote and said, "Wow....This would make a great game controller if I attached a watered down Playstation one handed RPG controller to it."
Wii controller rumbles. Ps3 doesn't rumble right now due to lawsuit but they are making one that does cause lawsuit is settled. Some games use both the remote and nunchuk while others use just the remote. And there are two different ways you can hold the remote one is like a tv remote other way is like actual video game controller.

Got wii when ps3 went down then go it back was pissed cuz my game ranks were back to zero then halo 3 came out I got xbox 360 now ps3 is getting dusty. Maybe I will get blu-ray movies for xmas and have reason to fire ps3 up or when great exclusive games come out.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:52 AM

I have the PS3 and the Wii. The PS3 is the nicest system I've ever seen, but it doesn't compare to the Wii for all around Family fun. There's not too many games that my 5 year old daughter can play or the elder members of my family would want to play on my PS3. The Wii on the other hand, had 5 generations of family members fighting for play time.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:32 AM

Cool

Originally Posted by MrVette
I have the PS3 and the Wii. The PS3 is the nicest system I've ever seen, but it doesn't compare to the Wii for all around Family fun. There's not too many games that my 5 year old daughter can play or the elder members of my family would want to play on my PS3. The Wii on the other hand, had 5 generations of family members fighting for play time.
You just described exactly why I want a Wii. It isn't about the graphics, fancy games, etc. It is about how it brings a family together and gets people up and active. I would much rather play it than sit there and pound the buttons on a PS3/XBOX controller while people around me just stare.

Quick Reply: Nintendo Wii