The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Ontario Canada members: question

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 06:36 PM

Steve,

Stay away from trucks, toll roads, cruise the speed limit in 5th gear and you will not likely even see a police car. Driving faster than the posted limit here is called "hurry up an wait!" or "going nowhere fast"....much like at home wouldn't you say??

John
Old 10-29-2009, 09:48 PM
Former Sponsor

much agreed about the hurry up and wait..we got lots of knuckleheads around here..just please dont be another"drivin miss daisy" in the center lane..right lane is a great place to be..trucks are limited(by computer)to 105kms/hour..most anyway..just wanted to warn of construction..all the way from Niagara to Toronto is a major hwy improvement..
Old 11-07-2009, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by fastsuv
I'm going to be driving from Lockport, NY to Barry's Bay, Ontario in a few weeks.

I'll be going over the Lewiston/Queenston bridge.

I hope to leave real early in the morning (4 or 5AM) to avoid the QEW/427/401 problems around Toronto during rush hour.

Anything else I should know about the rest of the trip?

I'm assuming it's still early enough in the fall/winter that there won't be any huge snow problems, is that correct?

Also, is there cell phone coverage the whole way? What do you do in case of a breakdown, etc?

Thanks
Steve
Steve

Weather looks good right through into next week. Yesterday I met a girl loading groceries into her white 08 HHR LS and we struck up a conversation. She was driving to Barry's Bay for the weekend. Up and back. She drove every weekend to visit her husband (retired) and living in their cottage. She was still working back here in Oshawa. She said the best route is to take highway 401 to the 115 north of Bowmanville to Peterborough and work your way to highway 62 on either highway 7 or 28 to Bancroft. I'm out of here for a few days to Bobcaygeon. Have a good trip and lets here all about it.

John