The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Please help me understand.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 08:06 AM

Question Please help me understand.....

Why is it when people turn on their turn signals they think they automatically have the right of way? On my way to work this morning some ***hole turned his signal on and just came over. Let it be known that I was already at his rear door, which made it to where I had to hit the brakes or hit him.

Can someone please tell me what is going through these people's mind when they lane change? Please cause this is definitely not the first time some idiot has done this.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:17 AM

I think you know the answer which is what you call them at the time they do it. Once they get their drivers lic they seem to forget everything that was in the test and in the books.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:23 AM

I like the ones who speed up when you put your turn signal on so you can't get over. Or better yet, the one's who pay thousands of dollars for these new hyped up rides and they don't seem to come with functioning turn signals.
Basically, many feel that the turn signal is 'their' right of way and don't bother to check lane clearance.

curtsy
Elle'
Old 04-10-2008, 08:25 AM

Rude people... inconsiderate people...
Old 04-10-2008, 08:25 AM

At least they signaled..... Most around here seem to think signals were an option they didn't get with their car.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:33 AM

Lol, at least you all got me smiling again........Thanks!
Old 04-10-2008, 10:09 AM

I was in a really bad car crash last November. Dude blew thru a red light and I TBONED him in my beautiful black Marauder. I will say this, every time I drive, Im overly cautious of whats happening around me. Someone wants in my lane? you go right ahead you jackass, take it. I give a wide berth. Better for me, better for my serenity and my car.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by solman98
At least they signaled..... Most around here seem to think signals were an option they didn't get with their car.
I dunno, sometimes I think I drive around a lot of paranoid people who think what direction their going is nobody's business but their own. The best one I ever encountered, though, was some guy in a Jeep who tried to race me on the expressway. Keep in mind, nobody else around, and he just has to be directly in front of me, no matter what lane I'm in. Best part of all this was, he made the lane change, THEN turned on his signal ... for one blink. Oi.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:53 PM

When we first moved here, my husband was driving in some snowy weather when someone decided to move over quickly into his lane just in front with no warning and leaving no room. It was slippery and yup he rear-ended the guy. The driver was a cop in his street vehicle! You think he would have known better.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:43 PM

My theory (especially in this case) has to do with side mirror adjustment. I'll bet only about 25% of the population has a clue how to adjust their mirrors to cover their blind spots. Ever sit in traffic directly behind someone and be able to see their face in their driver's side mirror? Every day, you say? Their mirrors are adjusted to look straight back instead of out to the sides! Since they can't see the blind spots, they just hit the turn signal and hope for the best.

Quick Reply: Please help me understand.....