The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

this is pretty hard to look att

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 06:47 AM

this is pretty hard to look att

http://www.facebookvideodown.com/-18-safety-22943.html
Old 06-18-2010, 07:01 AM

This should be posted in the lounge or dungeon.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by TomsHHR

Why? Granted at lot of those were staged, but some were indeed actual footage. Same thing can happen to anyone here.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:44 AM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by TomsHHR
Originally Posted by solman98
Why? Granted at lot of those were staged, but some were indeed actual footage. Same thing can happen to anyone here.
Because the section it was orginally posted in was: Picture & Media Showoff your Chevy HHR and you may be the next Featured Car!

The lounge is a more appropriate place to post it in:
The Lounge Off Topic PG-13. Introductions, cars, movies, work, relationships...
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

It's been moved to the lounge.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:42 PM

A very sobering video. Yes, many are staged, but there were far too many in there that were real. Since I am about to leave the office and get into rush hour traffic and head home, it really makes me think.

You see people doing this stuff every day. Distracted drivers. Drivers who think they are the best driver on the road. Drivers who just don't give 100% of their attention to their driving, the other drivers and what's going on around them.

Sobering.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:49 PM

I think the staged ones are re-enactments of real crashes......I've seen some of this video in other places, and yes very sobering. Even when you are a good driver and are paying attention, the other guys on the road with you probably aren't. Something to think about!
Old 06-18-2010, 04:09 PM

Wow The college kids will love that, I guess they are in many instances part of the European safe driving program that they are doing, we would never be aloud to show them in prime time Here in the US, it would be interesting since two days ago I almost got the HHR rear ended at a red light by a woman Texting then, she honked and yelled like being stopped at a red light was illegal.

On a Humorous note one word "Evolution" that would be for the ones who whack them selves.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:35 PM

ANYONE who texts and drives should have their fingers cut off and shoved up into their colon.

This morning I saw a young girl with a phone in one hand and a piece of paper in the other with just the palm of her hand turning the middle of the steering wheel on the Belt Parkway here in Brooklyn. Needless to say she was all over the road. When we stopped next to each other in traffic I left the HHR (In my mind...), busted out her drivers window, then proceed to pummel her.

Its not just the women-it's men doing it too. If you don't have a bluetooth or OnStar, don't use the phone. Let me die a natural death, not because Betty (or Bob) got a new blue dress for the party and you just had to know, wet yourself, and instead of hitting the brake you hit the gas.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:41 PM

I am all for , Outlawing any cell phone use in a car. I'm amazed every day at what i see, And women are the worse.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Ontario Canada just passed the "electronic devices" law..100$ or so and a couple of points too I think..personally always used a headset as should everyone else or equivilant bluetooth device..it still shocks me the amount of people too cheap to spend as little as 12$ to help ensure not only there own safety but other motorists as well..

Quick Reply: this is pretty hard to look att