The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Pro Gun or Anti Gun

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 12:08 AM

Pro Gun or Anti Gun

Just curious how many people here are pro gun or are anti gun. And why are you pro or anti and what State your in. Just want some opinions.

Thanks
Old 07-30-2008, 12:21 AM

The right to bear arms! This is something "they" have always wanted to take away from us...and in today's society, it's even more important to be able to protect ourselves...the world's not getting any nicer...
Old 07-30-2008, 05:53 AM

Lifetime NRA member. Escaped Massachusetts in 2002 for New Hampshire.

Goose
Old 07-30-2008, 06:16 AM

Pro gun. What these gun control advocates fail to understand is that gun laws only restrict law abiding citizens. You can pass all the gun laws in the world and the CRIMINALS will still ingore the law and get guns. Gun laws only prevent the good people from defending themselves against the CRIMINALS.

SPPD
Old 07-30-2008, 06:40 AM

I've got a few.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:18 AM

Pro gun. As SPPD said, if you take guns away form the law abiding citizens, then the only ones who are armed are criminals. The police can't be everywhere to protect us, and a citizen has the right to protect themselves, family and property. Our founding fathers thought it important enough to make it the second amendment to the Constitution, after free speech, not only to protect ourselves from each other, but also from a tyrannical govt.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:20 AM

Pro

Gun control is in the hands of the holder. I wouldn't recommend trying to carjack me...
Old 07-30-2008, 07:30 AM
Banned

I don't own any firearms right now and I didn't grow up with any in the house, but I'm definitely pro-second amendment. I don't think there's any reason that someone needs to keep a .50 cal M1 machine gun in their house for "home protection", but a legit collector or hobbyist I have no problem with.

I should probably pick up a shotgun one of these days. Our local 911 center has been known to put people on hold for as long as ten minutes and you're better off calling straight to police dispatch here in the sticks. My worry about a concealed weapon in my car are all the vehicle break-ins that happen around here with the firearms being stolen. I actually represent a lot of people that do the breaking-in and they look for vehicles that have Republican and NRA stickers, gun racks, B.A.S.S. stickers, realtree crap, and other hunting accoutrement.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:33 AM

I agree with everything said so far, except I'm not an NRA member. I grew up in Tennessee on a farm, so I've been hunting and handling guns my whole life. It basically boils down to one question for me: If a criminal knew everyone in the bank was armed, would he/she still try to rob it?
Old 07-30-2008, 07:57 AM

Damned shame anyone even feels like asking the question. The libs are just SO-OOOOOOO wrong on too many issues. They keep saying that more guns equals more crime but EVERY state that has made it easier to carry concealed has had a drop in crime. They say lowering tax rates is not affordable but when the rates are lowered, revenues go up and economies flourish. So why do people listen to them and vote for them? How stupid can we be? I guess the November election will show that answer..........

Quick Reply: Pro Gun or Anti Gun