The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Rate your HHR's name

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 09:33 AM

Sorry about this, but had to do this:

Dory will be with its namesake soon!

Last edited by karen1953; 11-06-2007 at 06:19 PM.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:46 AM

What color are the off springs and will there be photos ...??
Old 11-06-2007, 10:07 AM

I think both Dory and Nemo both get a 10, but then I'm a huge fan of Disney. Both fit their car very well. We (my son and I) came up with Sebastian, since he is my favorite character in one of my favorite Disney movies, The Little Mermaid. It seemed to fit the car, so it was settled.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:11 AM

I love that everyone loves their cars enough to personalize it with a name. So, I think everyone's name deserves a 10!!!

Naming our cars/trucks is a big deal at my home! Blackie was an obvious name for mine...but I am HUGE Harry Potter fan and one of my favorite characters is Sirius Black, Harry's Godfather. He was wrongfully imprisoned for murder and was in retrospect, a very brave man, albeit a bit damaged from his imprisonment.

So, "Sirius Blackie" was born!

I'm a dork I know...
Old 11-06-2007, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by karen1953
Sorry about this, but had to do this:

Dory will be with namesake soon!
That is the cutest picture of those fishes tha I have ever seen, and all on top of Nemo the Orange HHR, So adorable, I'd love to get a Nemo doll, but don't have the money right noe for it..

Sirius Blackie: I'm sorry, but I am not a harry potter fan, I dont know who Sirius Black is in the movie, for that reason, I have to give your HHR's name a 5...but the color of Him is Nice!, Reminds me of KITT from Knight Rider...and for THAT, I will add 2 points..which makes your score a 7..:)
Old 11-06-2007, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by mizzouHHR
I think both Dory and Nemo both get a 10, but then I'm a huge fan of Disney. Both fit their car very well. We (my son and I) came up with Sebastian, since he is my favorite character in one of my favorite Disney movies, The Little Mermaid. It seemed to fit the car, so it was settled.
Sabastian gets a 10!!, I like Sabastian the crab, but my overall favorite in the movie is little Flouner :)
Old 11-06-2007, 03:23 PM

Wow...
Old 11-07-2007, 12:58 AM

I just gave mine the name Baby, I think it popped into my head because its the first new car I had in a long time, and being Sport Red Metalic, its red like a newborn baby
Old 11-07-2007, 01:58 AM

Okay lets see if I can remember them all

Wheelie, I like, but not do to the cartoon. If I'm not mistaken you use a wheelchair, please correct me if I'm wrong. and for that to overflow into the naming of your car I like. You get a 9!

Nemo is a great lil fish and I also love the movie. I think the plate matching is a big bonus!!! Your car looks like Nemo, you get an 8!

Dory, though confused most of the movie, is definatly loved by most as is the HHR and the color is right on so I also give you an 8!

Chops, very original, means something to the owner, and is a reference from a gangster movie, thats great. Your name gets a 6! (keep your head up, I grade hard )

Sebastian is another name that fits the color of the HHR very well, but I just can't make up my mind if it is appropriate so since I can't put my finger on what is wrong with the combo I'll say good job and score yours a strong 7!

Sirius Blackie....... I do like the movies, but would not call myself a big fan. I do know who he is and kinda of like his part in the film. For you being a BIG fan I'm sure the name is great but for the rest of us (or at least me) I'm just not feelin' it, though I do appreciate the cleverness of the name. I am forced to give this name a 5!

Baby, well this one had me going back and forth also. You love your new car so calling it Baby would get you an 8, but it is often used and for the lack of originality I would give it a 5. Lets do a little math and round the total to a score of 6.5!

Now for my pathetic name.... I named ours Fiji which fits perfectly for the reasons e named it that, it's blue of course, and being our first new car it is like paradise to own and drive. With that said I don't like it anymore, I have a thought for the new name but lets see how this plays out and if it is liked than mybe we'll keep it Fiji......so let me have it..score away
Old 11-07-2007, 06:59 AM

Hey R CA!,

Please keep Fiji's name, Fiji would feel bad if you changed it's name, especially if he has gotten attached to it..HEEHEE!!, ORRRR...What you can do is give Fiji a 2ND name!!, a Middle name!, I don't know if you know this, but Wheelie DOES have a middle name, It's PABLO....Named after the little penguin from the BACKYARDIGANS, a preschool show that I love..(Im a cartoonist, I love cartoons)...SOOO..Wheele's full name is...Wheelie Pablo Chevrolet HHR Vealsquez :-D...and since your HHR's name is SO original to me, I give your name a 10! Good Going!

Quick Reply: Rate your HHR's name