The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Scarry stuff !

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 08:10 PM

Exclamation Scarry stuff !

I've been doing wallpaper here for the last few days , and have a couple more to go . Went to the end of the tunnel , The basement is a time capsule.

New owners have redone the bar , New name will be " The Drinking Bird "

It has a strange vibe to it , Mostly in the basement !
Check out the story .

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news...rders-20111031

The place has been remodeled upstairs , And is really nice , Nothing like the video , All brand new , But the vibe is kinda weird .

Old 04-25-2012, 08:59 PM

Cool...... Have fun with that.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:57 PM

A lot of exposed wiring or junction boxes with covers missing? Electrical wiring can form an EM Field (Electro-Magnetic Field) that under the right conditions is called a "Fear Cage" that effects people... things like increasing sense of being watched, nausea, headaches, etc.

The scene with the reporter sitting in "the most haunted place in the bar" is right next to a jukebox that could be emitting an EM Field that encompasses that seat. As for hot breath... there could be a vent there, or the Jukebox could be creating heat the is getting blown over anyone sitting in that seat.

As for the tunnel.... the scariest thing anyone can fear... is the unknown.... shadows... creaks... odors all play into that.... and the mind will make what it thinks are logical connections....random shapes.... the mind will try to recognize a random shape and make connections.... it may associate it as a face... a body... an animal.

Add onto this all the scary stories you've heard, read, movies you've seen... your belief system, and a person can go into a situation pre-wired mentally that they will see, hear, or experience something they can't explain that raises their fear level.

NOW

On the other side of the coin... who knows?.... You can't prove something does not exist... Just because you have not seen something, or experienced it; does not mean that it does not or can not exist. This does not stop others from holding to their beliefs and rejecting something they have experience that may have been paranormal by offering other possible explanations.

The world is one big gray "Maybe".

Me? I don't know.... I'm an open minded skeptic. I live in the gray and look for the light.

On one extreme are the Believers. It's real and they reject anything that points to it not being real.

In the middle the open minded skeptic. Don't know one way or the other but willing to seek truth.

On the other are the Unbelievers. It's not real and they reject anything that points to it being real.

Would I go? You betcha. I'd look for logic, but would not reject the unexplained.... until I know.... it's unexplained and possible.

The greatest cause of fear?..... the human mind.

Cheers
Doc

Last edited by Haunted_Hot_Rod; 04-26-2012 at 09:28 AM.