The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Sorry!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 09:41 AM
Banned

Sorry!

Sorry I blew up a little too much in that Christmas thread. From now on I am going to leave all religious comments alone unless they are specifically addressed to me. I just hope that none of you interject religion into any of my threads anymore and are tolerant of any other form of religion that may feel like posting about it on here. Satanism and Islam included!
Old 11-27-2006, 09:47 AM

CH - In case you missed it, I put the following in another thread:

I'll support anyone talking about anything, with two exceptions:

1) Use correct spelling and grammar - that way I know what you're trying to say without having to read it 2-3 times.
2) Don't talk about taking away my cold beer - that's when I get offended!

- PhxHHR
Old 11-27-2006, 10:06 AM

If you really mean what you say...then why the new religious reference in your sig box? That is interjeting your opinion into every thread you've ever posted on.

<<<<<<Be happy like Santa and Rudolph over there.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:11 AM
Banned

Everyone else drops enough religion around here so I might as well quote Nietzsche. The statement is totally true! I'll change it so something not Christian specific though for those I may offend. Too bad the Christians wouldn't do the same.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:14 AM
Banned

Better?
Old 11-27-2006, 10:14 AM

[QUOTE=courthousedeb]If you really mean what you say...then why the new religious reference in your sig box? That is interjeting your opinion into every thread you've ever posted on.

Deb - I think you need to deconstruct the quote a bit more than you have. CH may be interjecting opinion, but I certainly wouldn't categorize the quote as a "religious reference."
Old 11-27-2006, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Better?
CH - I think there are some here who will never be appeased..........
Old 11-27-2006, 10:18 AM
Banned

Dawkins is the sh*t!

"Many of us saw religion as harmless nonsense. Beliefs might lack all supporting evidence but, we thought, if people needed a crutch for consolation, where's the harm? September 11th changed all that. Revealed faith is not harmless nonsense, it can be lethally dangerous nonsense. Dangerous because it gives people unshakeable confidence in their own righteousness. Dangerous because it gives them false courage to kill themselves, which automatically removes normal barriers to killing others. Dangerous because it teaches enmity to others labelled only by a difference of inherited tradition. And dangerous because we have all bought into a weird respect, which uniquely protects religion from normal criticism. Let's now stop being so damned respectful!" - Richard Dawkins
Old 11-27-2006, 10:18 AM

While I disagree with what your sig says, I don't think you should change it. It is an area that lets you reveal a little about who you are.

But then I think we should be able to discuss anything, in the Dungeon!

I have Christian references in my sig and you have never complained. While I felt your last sig quote was offensive, it allowed me to learn a little more about what makes you tick. Just kidding!

I just feel that when someone is pasionate about their beleifs they shouldn't have to be afraid of offending someone, while keeping in mind the old addage "a time and a place". This isn't always the place!

While its wasn't actually addressed to me, thanks for the apology!
Old 11-27-2006, 10:22 AM

Hey Capt a warning for you..............

Get ready easter is comming up soon Better get ready to bite your tongue