The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Terror-Free Gas

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 03:40 PM

Terror-Free Gas

Anyone see this yet?

'Terror-free' gas available in Nebraska
OMAHA, Jan. 29 (UPI) -- Omaha is set to become the first city in the United States to offer "terror-free" gasoline.

A group calling itself the Terror-Free Oil Initiative is behind the move to open a gas station selling fuel only from countries that don't export or finance terrorism, ABC News reported.

Set to open Thursday, the Omaha station will get its gas from Sinclair Oil, a Salt Lake City company that purchases the bulk of its oil from sources in Canada and the United States.

In addition to offering terror-free gas, consumers will be able to purchase counter-terrorism pamphlets, books and bumper stickers at the station.

"We felt like sending a message to gas companies that purchase crude oil from the Middle East that we are sick and tired of financing our own demise," Joe Kaufman, spokesman for the Terror-Free Oil Initiative, told ABC. "We would like to avert the next 9/11."

Kaufman says negotiations are underway with potential investors to open terror-free gas stations around the United States.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:56 PM

I wonder how much that gas is per gallon .
Old 02-02-2007, 04:02 PM

most people don't even realize that the majority of the oil in this country doesn't come from the middle east, the last time i looked over 50% was coming from canada. Just if i could remember where i saw that.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:09 PM

Either that means lowered prices, or you get the terror free.
But who would pay for terror ???
Ooops, forgot about movies...
Old 02-02-2007, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by eat_world
most people don't even realize that the majority of the oil in this country doesn't come from the middle east, the last time i looked over 50% was coming from canada. Just if i could remember where i saw that.
maybe here http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/p...nt/import.html
not quite 50% but a big chunk
Old 02-02-2007, 08:37 PM

That's a good idea in theory,and is also a great marketing ploy,but I think most folks in this country couldn't give a hoot where their gas comes from.Citgo,for example,is almost entirely owned by that nut-job Chavez in Venezuala and I haven't seen any Citgo stations closing around here.I think a lot of folks here will also continue to drive huge gas guzzling vehicles even if they could really get by with a smaller one and not care who they are supporting.