The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.
View Poll Results: Should Toyota be in NASCAR?
Yes
39.86%
No
60.14%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Toyota in NASCAR

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 10:02 AM

Toyota in NASCAR

Who here is a NASCAR fan? If you are, How do you feel about NASCAR letting Toyota race in a TRULY AMERICAN LEAGUE? I for one don't like it, Because Toyota has NO history in the beginnings of the race. Never saw a Toyota Bootleggin', Did ya? Nope. Dave Despain said it best. "Racing in America, Is like Bush's Foreign policy. We'll do as we damn well please, And we Don't care what the rest of the world thinks of it." Don't get me wrong, I love OPEN WHEEL RACING. That is where Toyota belongs. But let us keep NASCAR.

PS: I know Toyota has been in Craftsman Truck Racing. Don't mean I like it. Don't bother questioning my logic, You won't change my mind.

So Tell me what you think. I'm interested.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:48 AM

The good 'ole boy days of racing are over. It's a business now. You should have realized that once they started closing down tracks (I lived in Rockingham) in order to generate more money. And none of the cars on the track are remotely related to cars on the street anymore, except for a vague resemblance. Toyota may actually be good for the sport. It was bad enough when you got beat by a Chevy/Ford/Dodge... now you may have to say that the Red Bull Toyota was really dialed in today... Of course, I realize that for Toyota, it's just a means of gaining market share in the Midwest. It might work, but other than their trucks, I don't care for their vehicles.
Old 02-20-2006, 05:10 PM

Toyota now and I'm sure Honda isn't too far behind because where Toyota goes, so goes Honda.
Old 02-20-2006, 05:39 PM

why dont they add Kia and Hyundai too?? Let's let the Koreans join in the fun!
Old 02-20-2006, 05:50 PM

NASCAR will be running races in Staten Island within 4 to 5 years from now.
Old 02-20-2006, 06:13 PM

I think that they should let everybody in. Maybe even Lamborghini or even Holden, just don't give them an advantage.

Even though, I still voted no in the poll because I hate Toyota.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:51 PM

Growing up in Alabama, I HAD been watching Nascar since I was a kid in the 60's. Our local hometown small track saw the likes of Bobby and Donny Allison, Richard Petty, Dale Earnhardt, Darrell Waltrip and many others racing there. I live about 2 hours from Talladega and have watched many races there as well as Bristol, TN. NASCAR has totally forgotten their roots and the France family has had a major factor in that. Once NASCAR decided parity was the number 1 goal, as far as I am concerned the sport took a nose dive. If you removed all the badging from the cars, most people would not have a clue as to the manufacturer. All cars have to fit a common template. HP is kept in check between the big three(and soon to be imports) until NASCAR decides they want to stir things up and let one have an edge for a while. When NASCAR brings back no restrictor plate, run what ya brung and hope you brung enough racing, I might start watching again. Since I'm not watching anymore, it doesn't really matter to me if they even let Yugo's in.

Last edited by Clarke33; 02-21-2006 at 03:38 PM.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:39 AM

I used to love NASCAR when it was the Winston Cup,and guys like Earnhart, Rusty, and DW were racing. It has gotten too cupcake now.
Old 03-12-2006, 12:06 PM

I'm not a NASCAR fan nor a Country music fan, but I'm not anti-Import cars nor anti-rap either. Allowing imports to run in NASCAR is as wrong as Country Rap. They just don't belong together. Since there's already country rap, I'm sure NASCAR will follow suite allowing the imports in. It's all about $$$$....
Old 03-12-2006, 12:19 PM

maybe they should replace the Dodges because they stink anyway, all the dodge drivers get toyotas. lol

Quick Reply: Toyota in NASCAR