The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Traverse

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 02:47 PM

Glad to hear good things about the Traverse. I may be looking at one when I feel I'm done with my Trailblazer. It'll suit my needs just fine, I only tow 3500#. However, I would not consider this a true replacement for the Trailblazer. Maybe in terms of build and technology, but it falls far short of what a TB is capable of. For one, I will really miss that I6. Aside from being a bit noisy, its an excellent engine. Secondly, the towing capacity of this platform is nothing short of disapointing. A good number of GMT360s are sold because of thier capabilities and size. For many towing boats and small travel trailers, the Traverse just isn't going to cut it. Too bad, it certainly has the power.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:18 PM

The Trailblazer with the I6 engine(285hp/276 lb-ft torque) is rated to tow 5700lbs.

The Traverse with its V6 (281hp/253lb-ft torque) is rated to tow 5200lbs.

The Trailblazer has a wheelbase of 113" and a length of 192".

The Traverse has a wheelbase of 119" and a length of 205".

These specs show that the two vehicles should tow about equally well.

The slightly higher torque of the I6 in the Trailblazer will mean it accelerates off the line a little quicker. The fuel mileage of the Traverse will be much better when not towing and probably at least a little better when towing.

Steve
Old 09-23-2008, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Goose
Maybe I'm a cheap bastard but to pay 27k-30K for a car is absolutely mind numbing to me

That being said I really like the looks of it..I think Chevy has a winner with that front "Malibu" look

If I ever decided to stay with GM it might be a Malibu

Goose
Paying 25-30k Is more "Normal" Then you think. Sad but true.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Goose
Maybe I'm a cheap bastard but to pay 27k-30K for a car is absolutely mind numbing to me

That being said I really like the looks of it..I think Chevy has a winner with that front "Malibu" look

If I ever decided to stay with GM it might be a Malibu

Goose
It's mind-numbing to me too...

I hated paying $500 a month for a $25,000 Blazer 7 years ago!
Old 09-24-2008, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by VictorySpark08
Paying 25-30k Is more "Normal" Then you think. Sad but true.
Oh I hear you but for example..my HHR MSRP was 23K...I paid 16K for it......no way HE double hockey sticks would I pay 23K for an HHR...the quality does not justify that pricetag...16K for it? Ok, I can deal with that as the build quality matches that level...we are basically talking about a dressed up econobox here

Another example...I paid 15K for my semi loaded 05 Matrix.....I really like the looks of the new ones and was contemplating going back to "yota" until I saw what they wanted for a new Matrix Sure it looks cool but almost 10K more a better car than my 05?

Used cars are looking like a better and better deal everyday...at least on a used domestic the massive depreciation is somewhat blunted

Goose