The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

We're also hearing of some radical changes for the HHR

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 03:40 PM

We're also hearing of some radical changes for the HHR

Please do not shoot, I'm just the messenger.

Quoting Automotive News;

“2011
Automotive News claims the Aveo will be redesigned for 2011, but we wonder if that name will stick. A new subcompact car, using GM's global Gamma architecture, will arrive sporting styling from either the Groove or Trax concepts of 2007. Like the Aveo, the new small car will be engineered mostly by Daewoo, but will instead be built in Mexico.

We're also hearing of some radical changes for the HHR - the PT Cruiser clone will shed its retro digs in favor of a 'mini-minivan' approach, much like that of the Mazda 5. We're not sure what word will replace the "Heritage" in the car's acronym, but the van will be built off the Opel Zafira minivan - itself being considered for Saturn's lineup. “

http://blogs.automobilemag.com/62726...ers/index.html
Old 08-27-2008, 04:23 PM
Founding Member

I don't put much stock in "We are hearing" stories about models that are 2 years away from being on a dealers lot. I have read them for years and more often than not they are false. This is a wait and see story to me.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:34 PM
ecl

That would make for an intresting HHR. The Mazda 5 isnt a bad car, gives plenty of room with 3 rows of seats and the convience of the sliding door, I just dont know if a van doors would look all that appeasing on the HHR, and also I would think it would turn alot of people away, especially the young buyers, because they want a fun car not a mini van.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:47 PM

The vehicle you are speaking of is currently called the Chevy Tacuma (don't think that name would make it through being so close to Toyota's Tacoma).

Check out this article with pics at: Motor Trend
Old 08-27-2008, 05:41 PM
Banned

I don't think the HHR was ever destined to have much of a life beyond the first generation. Five years out of any design isn't bad, much less a "retro" style. Being a copy of the PT and not having the heritage of the Beetle, it's been destined for being a one-hit-wonder from the start.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:19 PM

ya know, the more i look at it, and hear about the Groove or Trax coming stateside, to more i realize the Groove is almost a perfect representation of what a 2nd gen HHR should look like. i think that is what they should do, just cut the Trax loose (poor thing), send the Beat to other world markets as planned (since we obviously won't be getting it...i loved that thing too), and make the Groove for the US, and name it with something that identifies it as the new HHR. to me, it really looks like a cross between the Beat and an HHR.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:45 PM
Founding Member

But they gotta change those headlamp assemblies and tone down that hood........YUCK!

Name:  groove.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  14.3 KB
Groove Concept Vehicle
Old 08-27-2008, 06:59 PM

Yonash I agree, If they carry on the HHR name in something like the Groove that would would be neat. Otherwise gtive the name an honorable death before turning it into a minvan. Then I'll go see about a buying a Matrix, Vibe or a Mazda 3 5 door
Old 08-27-2008, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
But they gotta change those headlamp assemblies and tone down that hood........YUCK!

Attachment 3633
Groove Concept Vehicle
i dunno, i like the headlights and hood. i saw this thing at the LA Auto Show last year, and was actually quite impressed. liked the Beat more, but we're not getting that. if they make this at least 90% like it was at the show, they'd probably have a repeat buyer right here. i mean, i plan to stay GM, i really like GM vehicles, but if the Groove shows up as the new HHR, i'd buy one.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:34 PM

I like the car as it is. Certainly has some HHR throwback elements to it. If Groove=HHR then the grill will need to be redone. I like the grill on the groove but it doesn't say HHR. Seems all of GM's newer vehicles are going to the Color match single bar grills

Looking at the Lights, It looks Crosseyed. Those would have to be changed.

Quick Reply: We're also hearing of some radical changes for the HHR