The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

What makes chevyhhr.net great

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 12:52 PM

What makes chevyhhr.net great

Good day folks,

I just thought I'd say a few words. I'm not a big poster on this forum although I say a few words here and there. I'm always checking the site for new mods, products, information and other things. I usually stop by half a dozen times a day.

Recently there has been a bunch of stuff going on. We all know about it. I'd like to say that this is one of the reasons that this site is so great. I think that everyone out here is awesome and informative and entertaining and adds a very unique aspect to the overall site. This site and people are great sources of information for our HHR's.

One of the other things that is great about this site is that it is more than just a car forum it is a community. It always for more than just HHR discussion it always for us to get to know each other. There are always birthday wishes and greetings, there are little snippets into everyones lives, people share important events with us, people are even comfortable enough to share births and deaths and other important family events with us. This makes us more than just a forum and I like that.

With all this sharing and stuff going on it can be expected that there will be some drama and some contraversy and some people will piss other people off. This all adds to the experience of being a member though. Yes, I think that we need to show more respect for other members at times. Yes, I think that some people can be immature at times. Yes, I think we should be able to say and share whatever we want on this site. I think that there have been signs of censorship lately which is not too cool and I don't know if it is absolutely essential.

What I don't want to see is important, valuable members of this site leaving or getting banned or feeling unwelcome or whatever. I think that most of us were/are members of another hhr forum and we've seened what happened over there. I still visit about once a week or so and it is lame. There is nothing going on over there and it is boring. We have something good over here and lets keep it that way.

We have a great place to talk about our vehicle. We also have a great lounge where we can talk about life, events, sports, religion, business, politics and whatever else. Let's not take this for granted and lets not let this place go down the crapper.

I'm a satisfied and concerned member.

Mike
Old 09-10-2006, 01:09 PM

The people make the forum/community. This place is full of great people.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:18 PM

ChevyHHR.net is great because we've got a bunch of great members who love to share their HHR ideas with others. I've had the pleasure of meeting several members in person and talking HHR's, which makes being a member here even better. As with many other things it life, there's bound to be some speed bumps in the road...but we just need to cross them and keep on truckin down the road and leave them behind.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:21 PM

Wow!

What you have said is so true, I enjoy this forum so much that I have not kept up with Apple Computer news as much as I used to. (that's saying a lot, just ask my wife) This place is more of a family than any other site I have ever visited and I hope it will always be there.

That's all for now, Eagles are playing, gotta go.

Peace,
Curt
Old 09-10-2006, 01:26 PM

All of above ! I have my coffee in the AM with this forum, one of the last things I ck at nite. AM lets me ck on things that were posted in the west, PM lets me see what happend all day.

I too am a satisfied and concerned member.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:29 PM

Well said everyone

there is no other site I frequent more than this one. I can't wait for someone to set up a Mid Atlantic area meet...just so I can get to know the local HHR owners better.

Philly burbs!
Old 09-10-2006, 02:27 PM

I don't know what's been going on here lately, I'm not a paid member so i guess i'm out of the loop. I do log on every day, some days more than others and I appreciate the personal side of this forum in addition to the incredible amount of information about the current love of my life, my HHR.

I'd hate loose the forum in it's present state.

Remember guys, it's only words. Though word are kinda like bullets in that once their out there you can't pull 'em back. Combining respect with freedom of speech is tricky even for the mature ones among us (myself not included)

Originally Posted by Applenut
What you have said is so true, I enjoy this forum so much that I have not kept up with Apple Computer news as much as I used to. (that's saying a lot, just ask my wife) This place is more of a family than any other site I have ever visited and I hope it will always be there.

That's all for now, Eagles are playing, gotta go.

Peace,
Curt
Hey Applenut, glad to see a fellow mac person. I bought my first mac (a mac IIci) in 1993... still plugging away on a 6 year old G4.... gonna be upgrading very soon.
Old 09-10-2006, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by JeffsHHR
there is no other site I frequent more than this one. I can't wait for someone to set up a Mid Atlantic area meet...just so I can get to know the local HHR owners better.

Philly burbs!

Can you make this??
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/north-east-27/eastern-pa-meet-sept-17th-nj-ny-md-else-where-welcome-3992/
Old 09-10-2006, 10:19 PM

I must say I am a member of a chevelle and a camaro web site and dont have near as much fun on them as i do here!! on those other sites its all about who has the most high dollar car with the most expensive mods!! here it is all about the folks and talkin like good neighbors!! how can i fix this what is the easiest way to adjust that!! that is what it is all about simple fun lovin folk!! thanx to all of you on this forum!! you make being here enjoyable!!! Tony Riva (the freak)
Old 09-10-2006, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by oldschoolfreak
I must say I am a member of a chevelle and a camaro web site and dont have near as much fun on them as i do here!! on those other sites its all about who has the most high dollar car with the most expensive mods!! here it is all about the folks and talkin like good neighbors!! how can i fix this what is the easiest way to adjust that!! that is what it is all about simple fun lovin folk!! thanx to all of you on this forum!! you make being here enjoyable!!! Tony Riva (the freak)
I could not have said it better Tony, The people here are awesome to say the least. I spend more time on here than on any other web site and for a computer junky that is a profound statement..

Quick Reply: What makes chevyhhr.net great