The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

What non-HHR are you driving ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 09:35 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by solman98
Got home and had a message on the answering machine. Heading down this morning to pick it up.....
Solman- What a great message to get. Dodge has really stepped up their game.. Awesome machine..

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
Wow. People still have answering machines ?

Seriously. Nice car. Love that shade of blue.
FMG- I still have an answer machine as well. I'm old school.

Originally Posted by MikeRuth
Back in it now that my HHR was Stolen
MikeRuth- I remember my old Ford van, was a 1961 Econoline. Dependable ride. Yours looks a whole lot better than what I remember of mine. LOL

Originally Posted by Oldblue

At least , this has a platform roof ! Great for sunsets , sports events , just hanging out on lawn chairs.
Blue- I remember going to games & doing that very thing, best view around..

Originally Posted by 2manyvans
This is the 'Sherman Tank" 2000 Astrovan , My work vehicle. AWD and goes anywhere, especially gas stations. Now if I could just get the mural of my wife's PT off of the side !
John- The Sherman Tank, huh. I think you have the market cornered on vans. Awesome..

Originally Posted by Blue_SS
OK. MOPAR guy here... What are you getting? I am thinking of an AWD Charger myself, but I see more snow than you do, I think.

For the thread, I bought a 2017 Dodge Journey when my SS blew its chunks. No pictures, no recommendations beyond that it was the cheapest MOPAR I could get when I had limited options. It's a FWD, 2.4L pile of boring.
Blue_SS- Bummer about your SS. I guess that is as honest as it could get on a Journey.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:45 PM
Premium Member

I have a 2010 Camaro 2ss/rs as my daily driver, now has 99k miles on it and never have any issues. It's been paid for 8 years.
I have a 2010 4x4 suburban with126k miles, and never had any issues. It is mostly parked in driveway as I only drive it to the ranch 1 time a week.

The 2008 2LT HHR is the wife's daily driver, and it only has 84k miles on it.

They are all paid for, that is the best part, you take care of them and they take care of you.
Old 10-18-2019, 10:17 AM
Premium Member

I haven’t replaced Red, but my stable is too full and I’m one bay short. 7 vehicles from a ‘49 PU to our latest a ‘17 terrain that gets a road trip soon to test its legs. Pursue excellence. Ignore success. Deepak Chopra
Old 10-18-2019, 08:38 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by J W Davis
I have a 2010 Camaro 2ss/rs as my daily driver, now has 99k miles on it and never have any issues. It's been paid for 8 years.
I have a 2010 4x4 suburban with126k miles, and never had any issues. It is mostly parked in driveway as I only drive it to the ranch 1 time a week.

The 2008 2LT HHR is the wife's daily driver, and it only has 84k miles on it.

They are all paid for, that is the best part, you take care of them and they take care of you.
Josh- That's a nice collection I must say. Those Camaro's are mean machines.. And agree, I think they all seem to run best when paid in full..

Originally Posted by BlindLizard
I haven’t replaced Red, but my stable is too full and I’m one bay short. 7 vehicles from a ‘49 PU to our latest a ‘17 terrain that gets a road trip soon to test its legs. Pursue excellence. Ignore success. Deepak Chopra
Santa- You're gonna need a Dealer license soon.. Some choice rides.. Love to see another pic or two of your '17 Terrain if you get a chance. Those are hot.
And Christmas is coming..
Old 10-21-2019, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Blue_SS
OK. MOPAR guy here... What are you getting? I am thinking of an AWD Charger myself, but I see more snow than you do, I think.
Yea, I don't see a lot of snow here and when I do, I just work from home. I lived in Wash state and Montana so I don't have an issue in the snow, but GA folks can't drive in it....lol. You can only get an SXT in AWD now. So depending on what you want, AWD could be an issue unless you look for an older one.

This one is an R/T with the 5.7 hemi. All I really need. Listed at 370hp, but they dyno in the low 350s. So either the drive line is super efficient, or these are under rated and actually put out about 405/410. Hard to keep your foot out of with that active exhaust, I'll have to load a sound clip of it.

Old 10-21-2019, 08:29 PM
Platinum Member

Solman- gots to have the HEMI, I think they do under rate the hp for insurance reasons, like old days..

A sound clip would be great.. Enjoy the new Hot Rod..
Old 10-22-2019, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by sleeper
Solman- gots to have the HEMI, I think they do under rate the hp for insurance reasons, like old days..

A sound clip would be great.. Enjoy the new Hot Rod..
Can't load an MP4 here and photobucket is in the dumps now. Any suggestions for sharing an MP4? lol

Lets see if I did this correctly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCB9...ature=youtu.be
Old 10-22-2019, 08:14 PM
Platinum Member

Solman- here's the message I get: Private video Sign in if you've been granted access to this video

I don't really don't even know what an MP4 is ?
Old 10-23-2019, 08:33 AM

MP4 is just a type of video.

Try it now, I made it public.
Old 10-23-2019, 08:34 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by solman98
MP4 is just a type of video.

Try it now, I made it public.
Thanks for the 411.. The u-toob is awesome, Deep rumble after remote start. Like it should be, thru those duals. ..

Quick Reply: What non-HHR are you driving ?