The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Year One Owners, poll

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 08:47 PM

Year One Owners, poll

In recent days a discussion came up that suggested for instance, that if running boards become standard equipment on the 2007 model, then GM should maybe reinburse 2006 owners/buyers for not including them as standard on our vehicles. (That sort of thing ). So I was thinking about Us (yr 1 tester/evaluaters ) and thought, maybe We should get/give some type of recognition for Our pioneering journey that future HHR owners will someday look back and say, Hey those Guys made a differrence with their inventions and innovations that were finally incorporated into my 2008 or 09 model. Had they not made a fuss about such thing as running boards, I may still need to have my ride repainted every six months ,at my expense.
So, I put out the question... Should each YR 1 member maybe get a star or some such to display proudly next to their ChevyHHR.net decal??? Just a thought , just for Orignal 2006 owners, not 2007 (I got that on mines ) Owners. Just Us Pioneers...B/B
Old 07-11-2006, 08:52 PM
Banned

We already have the greatest reward of all. A first year HHR.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:16 PM
Deceased

We bought an Equinox in its first year as well and bought a Cobalt for our daughter.

all 3 vehicles are first year. the reward is in that we knew they were great before everyone else. They still are.

when i saw an HHR at AutoShowInMotion in person, i knew i would buy one and fix it up. all kinds of mod ideas came to my head instantly and when i saw the build offs they just kept growing.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:26 PM
Founding Member

A decal for a 1 year membership to this site or as an HHR owner?

Although one can purchase a ChevyHHR.net decal without becoming a Premium member, not all Premium members (decal included with membership) have opted to stick it on their HHR. Many have stated they have placed it in other locations.
If it was for one year ChevyHHR.net members, most joined after getting their HHR.

Not really sure which direction your posed question was going there.
Cool idea for those that would do it though.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:51 PM

Well, If you don`t put the decal on the veh. you can put the indicator there too. I`m seeing more HHRs all the time , soon the 2007`s will be out there too. Just thought something like saying " Senior Member " by our user name , but only the Yr 1 members get it. True, just about everyone joined the club after their purchase, that`s what brought us to the site!!!
Old 07-11-2006, 10:01 PM
Founding Member

I joined before I got mine!

Perhaps a 1 year medal icon!
Old 07-11-2006, 10:01 PM

or put first year owner in your sig here, that way the people who understand would understand the star would see it. honestly how many people would understand a star on a vehicle as signifying that it was a first year model?
Old 07-11-2006, 10:46 PM

I joined before getting the HHR. I showed Rie the HHR that was being given away at the Street Rod Nationals. As soon as she said she liked it I started doing research. Finding and joining this place was the start of it all. About 3 weeks later, we found and picked up our HHR the same day. I'm all for the 1st year thing... Sounds cool! Sorta like the First 1000 plaque on the Solstices.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:58 PM

basicly in a nutshell this would apply to "all" 2006 model owners regardless of purchase before or after joining this group, and regardless of premium membership or not???? that would be fair
Old 07-11-2006, 11:06 PM

I would think so.. Owning a first year car really has nothing to do with the forum.

Quick Reply: Year One Owners, poll