Maintenance and Upkeep Discussion HHR maintenance tips ranging from oil change intervals to brake pads and everything in between.

Another 'what is this harness to' question

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 02:56 PM

Another 'what is this harness to' question

Not sure if this is the correct portion of the forum, if not, mods feel free to move...

2010 LS Panel, this plug under the passenger seat only. I'm guessing it's for a power seat, but I can't trace it on any of the diagrams:

Old 10-10-2018, 03:56 PM
Technical Moderator

The fact that the 2 pigtails go to the seat leads me to believe something like that. Does the car have heated seats? Wire colors would help, maybe, doesn't look like a GM plug though, especially with the separate black wire traing off somewhere.

I don't recall a power passenger seat option. heated seats is RPO KA1.

Heaed seat connector ha 4 pins; Dk-BU. pink and 2 black.

Could be the passenger presence sensor; maybe somebody removed the pass airbag.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:02 PM

No, no heated seats. Isn't the connector at the bottom of the seat the occupancy sensor? The airbag light still comes on/off if the seat is occupied. Let me get back in there with a flashlight and I'll get the wire colors. Thought I had them with the flash...
That separate black wire in the background is from some equipment I have behind the seat. Ignore that.. I should have pointed that out, I suppose.

Last edited by letterman7; 10-10-2018 at 04:16 PM. Reason: added photo / image resize
Old 10-10-2018, 06:22 PM
Technical Moderator

I am guessing a PO had something mounted under the seat. I can't find any connectors with 8 position and that design just doesn't look "GM".

Maybe an amp or a GPS tracker or a 2-way radio or an alarm etc.

The only connector under the passenger seat that my book admits to is the head seat. The restraint system is usually not noted in the "body" wiring.

I guess you need to pull the carpet up and track back.
Old 10-10-2018, 07:12 PM

Could be a PO item. The way it's wrapped it looks "factory". I'm not going to unwrap it all to try to find where it goes, I'll just see what's live and what isn't and take some voltage readings. A GPS tracker makes sense (or data logger) as this was a fleet vehicle - one previous owner (or company) before me.
Old 10-16-2018, 06:30 PM
Technical Moderator

I think I found it! If you have heated seats the control module for each seat is under the seat.

Maybe it plugs in here.

Old 10-16-2018, 06:33 PM

It would be a great guess if I had heated seats :-). Weird thing is it's only under the passenger seat. I haven't seen the same end under the drivers. But it's strange that the colors match with the harness to the schematic, though missing a few leads. Guess those would go to the switch(es). Hmmm.... I have the fabric seats..... wonder if I could add..... :-) I'll have to look again under the driver's seat tomorrow..

Last edited by letterman7; 10-16-2018 at 08:20 PM.
Old 10-16-2018, 08:22 PM
Technical Moderator

Replacements?
Old 10-16-2018, 09:03 PM

:-) Yeah, I thought about that. I'll have to see if there is a harness hiding under the drivers seat. But then I'd have to run a harness, buy the panel switch etc.... Heated seats are not a necessity. But after driving a Jeep with heated steering wheel.. that's something I'd like!
Old 10-17-2018, 12:27 PM

Don - I think you pinned it: they are seat heater harness ends. There was one under the drivers seat - it was just stuffed up in the frame so I couldn't see it. That harness that you circled is undoubtedly the seat occupancy sensor. I think the heat harness plugs into the seat itself, like on my wife's Mini Cooper. But no matter - both "ends" are missing the critical blue wire for the temp signal from the dash switch. On a positive note, I now have two switched hots that I can tap into for light weight stuff... like a remote GPS system for my aftermarket stereo and a dash cam!

Quick Reply: Another 'what is this harness to' question