Mid Central NE, KS, IA, MO, IL

Anyone in IL have the HHR damaged by the recent hail

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 12:07 AM

Anyone in IL have the HHR damaged by the recent hail

I think it was the night of Thursday June 30th and I was downtown with a friend and it wasn't even supposed to rain that night. I came out to a big surprise and my whole car is damaged.

Long story short I had the insurance company inspect it and now it is in the body shop and needs a new hood, roof, and windshield. The rest (hopefully) can be fixed with paintless dent removal. Estimated $6300 in damages.

Anyone else suffer from the hail?
Old 07-19-2011, 01:47 AM
geg

I know that in America you fans of big sizes! But hail, which ruins the hood and kicks car windows ..! Difficult to surprise me, but you did it.

Now seriously. I am sorry that this happened to you. The happiness that you have insurance. Your damage will be compensated, including moral damage (if I correctly translated your text).
must tell you that for 20 years job at an insurance company, I saw the burned and blown up cars, cars tied in a knot, cars firing squad with a machine gun, the cars drowned in a mountain river. But I have not seen a car damaged by hail so much that he needs to be repaired or, at least in the polishing body. Even among European and Japanese cars that have a relatively thin steel sheet in their bodies (the American and Russian cars are made of thick steel plate).
There was one case ..
The man had come a long way between the two cities. Along the way he came under heavy hail. The next day, he washed his car and was horrified to find tiny silver point on the car body. He decided - it's hail, pea-struck paint and primer down to the metal. Statement by the insurance company. But it turned out that this the silver paint. The car was parked near the iron fence, a house painter was painting the fence in the morning with silver (Aluminum) paint through the gun and the spray got on the car. Chemical Washing has eliminated problem.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:13 AM

Yes, geg, we get some monster sized hail here..... So far mine has been in it's garage when it's happened. Sorry to hear about your damage, Bob.