Mid Central NE, KS, IA, MO, IL

Mid-central regional run update

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 02:43 PM

Mid-central regional run update

Everyone, if you are curious about the progress towards the Mid-Central Regional Run, check out the new threads at the Mid-Central regional forum. I have provided a sponsor run down so you will have an idea of the door prizes and what is going to be in the goodie bags. I also gave a quick run down on other things going on, so check it out and mark your calendar for a nice drive in the heartland...
Old 07-25-2006, 08:54 PM

Okay another update, things are changing quickly now, so ya' gotta' follow closely and hold on tight!!! My wife hit the locals today and the O'Reilly's Autoparts store donated a couple of hats, a clock, a diecast '56 Thunderbird and 8 small packs of ArmourAll Extreme Tire Shine, Plaza Tire a local tire and wheel shop donated 10 free wheel balance and rotations and a local paint and body supplier donated a kit of professional strength automotive cleaners and treatments, so all of that gets tossed in the door prize basket. The goodie bags are looking good, now the door prizes are building up, people are committing to making the drive...hey I think we got a run here...why not come on over, up, down whichever geographic direction works...There is a chance that we might even have a few small custom things being sold there...you just can't be sure what you might miss!!! Seriously the run is looking good and we will be pleased to meet any of you that would like to come...Contact me if you have any questions...
Old 07-26-2006, 09:00 PM

Scale, One of our own has made the front page (Forum ) Even if by accident.
The Z-Man had a run in with a piece of debri on our WELL maintained roadway. He`s OK , but veh. in shop. He`s still looking forward to attending the RUN. Send your Prayers and Thoughts Out to a Really Cool Guy. He`ll be there even if I have to bring him...
Now, Who else needs help finding Sunnyland Church of the Nazarene?

PS. I was thinking about the low response to our RUN, and trying to find a reason. (Good/BAD ) I think it`s the no tabacco/alcohol restriction. Just my thought... Could be wrong/off base.
Anyone got any thoughts ? This is THE (Year One Owners ) SUMMER Event, Certainly The Scaleguy has put in 110%. Thanx Man, and any of your Helpers.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
PS. I was thinking about the low response to our RUN, and trying to find a reason. (Good/BAD ) I think it`s the no tabacco/alcohol restriction. Just my thought... Could be wrong/off base.
Anyone got any thoughts ? This is THE (Year One Owners ) SUMMER Event, Certainly The Scaleguy has put in 110%. Thanx Man, and any of your Helpers.
I did wonder about that when I saw that on the flyer. Is that something the church requested?

I still have trouble beleaving that would keep folks away!

Its not like we'll be at the show all day!!
Old 07-27-2006, 06:47 AM

I was just trying to figure out how there were so many views, and so few replies. This event was conceived quite a while ago , so taking one (1 ) day from an entire summer, (a saturday even ) to meet up with new friends, seems a little odd. I don`t think the price of gas is prohibitive, UNLESS, you`re planning on getting a bicycle soon. It`s never gonna be cheap again !!! We`ve got probably the most fuel efficient veh. out there ,sans a Hybred.. Can`t explain the response or lack of... B/B
Old 07-27-2006, 09:31 AM

Question

Think maybe Whole Hawg day in OK may be keeping some of our western peeps from coming?
Old 07-27-2006, 10:00 AM

The smoking/alcohol ban is out of respect and by request of the church...sorry about that. As we begin to plan the second run we will use a better located venue, with less restrictions, I just responded to the avaliability and as a non-smoker, I will admit that I didn't think it all the way through, but my wife smokes so even she has to bite the bullet...The alcohol issue not only pleases the church, but keeps everyone safe on the cruise...we will be able to find places where we can throw back a couple of cold ones as the day progresses...Truthfully, the resonse is pretty good, thanks to lots of work from all of you, we are taking about a run featuring a first year vehicle with only about 4-5 months lead time and we are on track to have possibly 20 trucks, so I feel like we are getting a good start...now next year we will have to do better, but we can do that by learning from this run, having planning sessions and having the additional time to get the run in magazines, run listings and out to other clubs. I will admit to taking the easy way and putting the show close to home, I think that we will have to come up with a better location which will benefit the guys out west and provide the freedom that some are looking for...Ultimately those of us who do come are going to have fun, meet great people and see some nice rides...Okay enough from me, I have to contact radio stations and other media to see who will give us coverage before and after the run...see ya' soon!!!
Old 07-27-2006, 08:48 PM

I am a smoker and have no problems with the no smokin/boozin thingy if i get that hard up i can take a short stroll for a smoke!! hey scale let me know what you have in mind for a pre show run I have a real twisted work schedule, and have a car show this weekend wth my chevelle to attend but maybe next wend/thursday or the mond/tues after that?? You did a great job with the run Pat wish i could have been more help but crap at work and the wreck and all the other drama!! Any ideas on a local for next year??diff state?further south? north?OH wait i guess im getting ahead of us!! later !!
Old 07-28-2006, 08:53 AM

"school, you aren't ahead of yourself, I would like to have the first meeting about next year at the run, I think we should consider another location to be fair and to add to the experience. I am still going to ask to be ridiculously involved, especially chasin' sponsors and doing other stuff,but for me to act parental would be stupid, selfish and detrimental to making the run better. I used Peoria because it made things simple due to the lack of time, I would like to see a more interesting place...ie I belonged to a truck club who goes to the dells every year, so if we are successful in this first run, we should be motivated enough to really work at something special. This run should just be our springboard to get better...Oh and believe me, the help that I have received from all of you has been great and is very appreciated. Back to the meeting idea, we also need to talk about solidifying the club issue, I want to stay firmly attached to the forum, but if we can do something to make us even stronger and more involved then I am interested, plus I am just a car club type, you guys are simply my kind of people !!! Again more opinions please.
Old 07-28-2006, 03:52 PM

hhr car club sounds good to me! im in a chevelle club as well and it has alot of perks! hey Pat If you would like to meet and hang on next wensday (the 2nd)evening I could probably swing it or the following tuesday(the 8th) would be fine as well! as far as the driftwood deal if the guy wants to be a part of our club and wants to enter why not let him? If he has the money for a extreme moded car well so be it. I have competed with 100,000 dollar camaros and chevelles in car shows with my 10,000 dollar malibu and watched the more money guys win trophies and thought that that wasnt fair but the true fun of a car is in driving it cleaning it people askin about it (meeting new friends) with it and well while the more money cars won trophies alot of folks at the shows told me they prefered my car a very clean reasonibley priced car that could be enjoyed (acctually driven on the road not just on and off a trailer!!) and could tell from talkin to me that i acctually enjoyed the car fixin it workin on it etc.. and the other guys with the 100g plus cars usually didnt know alot about them other than what the shop that built them for them told them they did to it!! so i say let the guy in the show hell you can put me (with my dealer woody kit) in his class with him I dont need a trophy just family and good friends!! (did that sound like a beer comercial??) LOL Well let me know what day for a pre run meet would be for you scale!!! Oldschool out!!

Quick Reply: Mid-central regional run update