Mid East MI, IN, OH, KY, WV, VA

Cruisin' The Coast - July 9-11, 2010 - West Mi. G2G

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 10:08 AM

Thumbs up Cruisin' The Coast - July 9-11, 2010 - West Mi. G2G

We have never had a western Michigan G2G and Punkin Head (Lew) has suggested doing one along the coast. It will take place July 9-11, 2010. You are welcome to come for any or all of it. There will be stops in Grand Haven, Saugatuck, and Muskegon. Some events being planned are a lighthouse tour, lake cruise, dune ride, visiting little shops along the coast, photo-ops, and of course food!!! For the grand finale on Sunday, Lew has offered up his place for a cook-out and a day on the lake. What's everyone think?!? Post your thoughts, suggestions, ideas, interest in this event. Keep checking this post for new details.

Interested in Event:
Punkin Head
Punkin-Lover
HillsdaleHHR
ChritonHHR
CrazyCarKid
djr1973
skyeglen
SHADOW(IN)
a76marine
masterchief1112
ChevyGrlAlways
liv2ryde
THE BATMAN
Radssmith
saxrocks2009
twistrman
decepticonss
DjLBM
HHRSSouth
mongo

Last edited by HillsdaleHHR; 02-22-2010 at 07:57 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:10 AM

I have already told Lew that Chris and I are up for something like this but that we would be on an economy budget so we will be staying somewhere cheap or looking to share a room. I'm all for a lighthouse tour and finding some cool spots to take some photos of the rides. The cookout at his place sounds great as well.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:29 AM

Crusin the Coast

Come one. come all! This should be a wonderful opportunity to bring together the members here in God's country, West Michigan! There are dune buggy/quad rentals on the shore, and it's quite pricey, but the option is open to those ready to brave it. My house is 5 miles east of US131 between Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids, on a small private lake (Cobb Lake) that has been recognized as one the healtiest lakes in WM and is spring fed so it's very clear. I would like to know (approx) how many will come to "Camp Lew" for a cookout so I can plan the meal accordingly.
Thanks Dayton for making this opportunity for the members! It should be a very good weekend.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:29 AM

I'm a dumbass. I put east mi Thank goodness for an edit button.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:33 AM

So Lew, any idea what lighthouses offer tours?
Old 02-05-2010, 11:46 AM

I'm sure Eric will post here eventually but this is what he PM'd me:

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
That would be AWESOME! I love that side of the state. The sand dunes are awesome, and yeah, many great photo ops! I really hope that would work out, I would be in for that one!!!!
Old 02-05-2010, 11:55 AM

Hey guys, sorry for coming in late, but the weekend after the 4th I will be up north camping with the family.
If you are looking for Lighthouses, you can park in the Holland and Grand Haven state parks and walk the piers that go out to those lighthouses. Neither offer tour inside, but you can walk right up and touch them. The one up in Ludington is quite a hike through a sandy trail to get to, but you can go inside, they have a gift shop in side of the old caretakers home. They only have tours that climb to the top once in a while, and I am fairly certain it won't be that weekend, but still a great visit.
You can walk the Pier to the Muskegon light, but that one is pretty lame (sorry if your a fan of the Muskegon light). The cool thing there is that you can tour old silversides. A world war II sub and a few other coast guard ships. It is a "museum" with all the boats in the water and a small museum inside. There is a fee, but I don't think it is very high. Definitely worth doing.
Keep me/us posted on dates and I will see if that dates remain....
Old 02-05-2010, 12:23 PM

There is also a small museum and lighthouse at Whitehall that gives tours, in the summer months.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Radssmith
There is also a small museum and lighthouse at Whitehall that gives tours, in the summer months.
So are you interested in coming? Would love to meet some more members
Old 02-05-2010, 01:26 PM

As Dayton said, I would LOVE to go! Put me down as a yes! I've always loved that side of the state, in fact I'm in Grand Rapids now...love it! I'm going to Kalamazoo tomorrow, so maybe I'll spot you along the way Lew!

But yeah, I also like going to lighthouses. Growing up we would always go camping in the summer, and we'd go to different lighthouses. In fact I've been to most of them in the state, so that will be fun! If anyone has never been to the sand dunes, they HAVE to go! They are great! We always used to go to Ludington once a year, and Silver Lake is fun for anyone who likes off roading. Not sure that our HHRs could do that though....

It is VERY beautiful over there, and I'm sure everyone would love it.

Long story short, I'll be attending, and of course I'll be there all the days!

Quick Reply: Cruisin' The Coast - July 9-11, 2010 - West Mi. G2G