Mods - Exterior Discussion related to the looks of the exterior of the HHR.

Help with mud flaps/splash guards...

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 03:35 PM

Question Help with mud flaps/splash guards...

Ok, I realize that this is supposed to be an easy install, but I have a coupe of questions.

1) Which side forward? There is a finished side and a smooth side, I would assume that the smooth side is towards the back, but since I didn't get the ones with the logo on 'em, I'm not exactly sure.

2) Did you have to cut a significant amout off the back set? I got part #12497400 which are plain black generic splash guards from GM. It does say that you might have to "trim some if necessary" in an area, but it seems like I would be cutting a third off of the back pair. I'm wondering if I got a set that aren't really made for the HHR.

Thanks for your help. I'm going to put off putting these on till I get some responses.
Old 02-03-2008, 04:53 PM

I went to http://gmpartsdirect.com/ and put in that p/n they did show a picture but don't know if it will help. Those Flaps certainly are made to fit a lot of gm cars as listed on that page.
Old 02-03-2008, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by an08HHR
I went to http://gmpartsdirect.com/ and put in that p/n they did show a picture but don't know if it will help. Those Flaps certainly are made to fit a lot of gm cars as listed on that page.
I bought mine here: http://gmaccessoriesstore.com/hhr-hh...8_572_113.html

The picture at your site is better than the one at the other dealer I posted. It would seem to show the finished side to the rear, which makes sense, but they seem to fit better the other way, but that seemed backwards. I guess there is some trimming to be done, but it seemed like a lot.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:20 PM

Hey Dave

Take em back and get the moulded ones from the dealer. About $75 and they look mahhhvelous and easy to put on
Old 02-03-2008, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by HipHotRod
Take em back and get the moulded ones from the dealer. About $75 and they look mahhhvelous and easy to put on
Yeah, I think that is what I'll do. I swear I didn't see those at first, the "plain black contoured" is what I ordered in place of the "plain black moulded" - my mistake. Expensive lesson...so, does anyone want to buy some generic GM flaps cheap?