Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Mods - Exterior (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/mods-exterior-55/)
-   -   New 08 HHR (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/mods-exterior-55/new-08-hhr-45653/)

pwhall216 04-04-2013 08:15 AM

New 08 HHR

Hello, I recently bought an red 08 HHR, I like it other than most of my freinds makin fun of it lol. However there are a few things I'm trying to mod like all the chrome...I'm looking for red exterior handles, black side mirror covers (or replacements?) & black grill, preferably plain no logo. Also inside I'd like to replace the chrome handles and eventually some black wheels.

Now the big thing i can't find is the red ext handles and the panel inside for the windows...can I replace that w a diff colo and maybe add a cover to that storage space it has? I'm kind of looking for any storage inside like a center console since mine only has 2 cup holders...do they make these?

I'm just trying to see what others have found or have moded already! thanks

firemangeorge 04-04-2013 08:54 AM

Welcome to the site.:thumb:
I've got red handles on mine.They came that way. Sorry, you can't have them.:lol:
The outside mirrors have covers that pop off. You just need to replace them with the color you want.

pwhall216 04-04-2013 09:00 AM

Ahh ok, same w the handles? Like I can pop the chrome off till I get the new ones?

Also I just saw there is a section for mods if someone could move this to the correct forum, sorry.

firemangeorge 04-04-2013 09:06 AM

Not sure about the handles. I haven't taken any off before.
If your's is Victory Red, here's a picture of mine with the red handles.

Attachment 14478

Ron S 04-04-2013 09:53 AM

Welcome
Both of ours have the Red handles. I am like you I don't like the chrome ones. You might consider the mirror covers in red. My wife's are black and mine are red and I like the looks of the red best.

Blue Beast (aka Boydie) 04-04-2013 10:08 AM

New 08 HHR - New Friends

Welcome, I believe I would find new friends.

Check out my mods. Click on my photos to see what I have done to mine.

Boydie :cowboy:

Originally Posted by pwhall216 (Post 699274)
Hello, I recently bought an red 08 HHR, I like it other than most of my freinds makin fun of it lol. However there are a few things I'm trying to mod like all the chrome...I'm looking for red exterior handles, black side mirror covers (or replacements?) & black grill, preferably plain no logo. Also inside I'd like to replace the chrome handles and eventually some black wheels.

Now the big thing i can't find is the red ext handles and the panel inside for the windows...can I replace that w a diff colo and maybe add a cover to that storage space it has? I'm kind of looking for any storage inside like a center console since mine only has 2 cup holders...do they make these?

I'm just trying to see what others have found or have moded already! thanks

pwhall216 04-04-2013 10:34 AM

Oh ya I love those grilles...I was looking for that exact one. I'm trying to get rid of the emblem on the tailgate. I wish my hhr was that grey or black