Mods - Exterior Discussion related to the looks of the exterior of the HHR.

New 08 HHR

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 08:15 AM

New 08 HHR

Hello, I recently bought an red 08 HHR, I like it other than most of my freinds makin fun of it lol. However there are a few things I'm trying to mod like all the chrome...I'm looking for red exterior handles, black side mirror covers (or replacements?) & black grill, preferably plain no logo. Also inside I'd like to replace the chrome handles and eventually some black wheels.

Now the big thing i can't find is the red ext handles and the panel inside for the windows...can I replace that w a diff colo and maybe add a cover to that storage space it has? I'm kind of looking for any storage inside like a center console since mine only has 2 cup holders...do they make these?

I'm just trying to see what others have found or have moded already! thanks
Old 04-04-2013, 08:54 AM
Platinum Member

Welcome to the site.
I've got red handles on mine.They came that way. Sorry, you can't have them.
The outside mirrors have covers that pop off. You just need to replace them with the color you want.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:00 AM

Ahh ok, same w the handles? Like I can pop the chrome off till I get the new ones?

Also I just saw there is a section for mods if someone could move this to the correct forum, sorry.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:06 AM
Platinum Member

Not sure about the handles. I haven't taken any off before.
If your's is Victory Red, here's a picture of mine with the red handles.

Attachment 14478

Last edited by firemangeorge; 05-30-2014 at 11:06 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:53 AM

Welcome
Both of ours have the Red handles. I am like you I don't like the chrome ones. You might consider the mirror covers in red. My wife's are black and mine are red and I like the looks of the red best.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:08 AM

New 08 HHR - New Friends

Welcome, I believe I would find new friends.

Check out my mods. Click on my photos to see what I have done to mine.

Boydie

Originally Posted by pwhall216
Hello, I recently bought an red 08 HHR, I like it other than most of my freinds makin fun of it lol. However there are a few things I'm trying to mod like all the chrome...I'm looking for red exterior handles, black side mirror covers (or replacements?) & black grill, preferably plain no logo. Also inside I'd like to replace the chrome handles and eventually some black wheels.

Now the big thing i can't find is the red ext handles and the panel inside for the windows...can I replace that w a diff colo and maybe add a cover to that storage space it has? I'm kind of looking for any storage inside like a center console since mine only has 2 cup holders...do they make these?

I'm just trying to see what others have found or have moded already! thanks
Old 04-04-2013, 10:34 AM

Oh ya I love those grilles...I was looking for that exact one. I'm trying to get rid of the emblem on the tailgate. I wish my hhr was that grey or black