Mods - Interior Discussion related to the looks of the interior of the HHR.

Interior Woodgrain from CarID Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 03:46 PM

Interior Woodgrain from CarID Pictures

I installed my father's day present yesterday, a burl walnut kit from CarID and it came out great. Took about 2 1/2 hours total and today I cleaned off the adhesive accelerator and some glue smudges and it looks even better. Yes, that is the famous ZZTop hot rod in a video playing on my Pioneer unit

Old 06-14-2013, 11:26 PM
Platinum Member

Looking Good !!! Had Rosewood in my last ride .....
Old 06-14-2013, 11:35 PM

LOOKS GREAT. I do like mine. It adds something to the inside of the car.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:56 AM

Thumbs up

Looks good. Love them both! Damnnnnn Now something else I have to buy for my HHR :) Thanks a lot guys for making me spend more $$$$ lol , But those add ons really do make a BIG difference!

Rich
Old 06-15-2013, 01:33 PM

I would like to say how great the customer support and folks at CarID are! If you look at the Pioneer head unit you can see the adapter surround is black as is the two tapered side pieces. I called them Friday and they are having Remin do up some cover pieces in the same material as soon as my template gets there. That should finish things off just fine.......
Old 06-15-2013, 11:22 PM

The medication for the car accessories sickness you have is controlled with by money. And yes it is a lifelong illness
Originally Posted by Radco
Looks good. Love them both! Damnnnnn Now something else I have to buy for my HHR :) Thanks a lot guys for making me spend more $$$$ lol , But those add ons really do make a BIG difference!

Rich
Old 06-16-2013, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by F-16C
The medication for the car accessories sickness you have is controlled with by money. And yes it is a lifelong illness
LOL you can say that again! My other issue is I am Divorced and I can spend the $$$$$ anytime I want and not be yelled at ,and here Honey We can go to Europe with that money instead! :)
Old 06-16-2013, 08:12 AM

It's a personal thing, a car is, and seeing hundreds of cars that are 'alike' from the factory but 'different' based on personality and taste is what the 'car-culture- is all about. The dash is one place in almost ant automobile that stock is just yuk! After doing my overlay and then seeing another HHR with a stock dash is like seeing an old movie star without her makeup...

Old 06-17-2013, 11:19 AM

Man, that red dashkit looks great next to that black dash. Good job deciding on going that way. GREAT JOB
Originally Posted by Tominator
It's a personal thing, a car is, and seeing hundreds of cars that are 'alike' from the factory but 'different' based on personality and taste is what the 'car-culture- is all about. The dash is one place in almost ant automobile that stock is just yuk! After doing my overlay and then seeing another HHR with a stock dash is like seeing an old movie star without her makeup...

Old 06-18-2013, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by F-16C
Man, that red dashkit looks great next to that black dash. Good job deciding on going that way. GREAT JOB
Well, it works on a Victory Red SS anyway...and thanks!

It's carbon fiber and pics just do not do the effect justice. It GLOWS in bright sunlight.

It was the first 'mod' I did to my HHR and I must say one of the most rewarding as the dash is the first thing you see even before inserting the key.

Quick Reply: Interior Woodgrain from CarID Pictures