Mods - Interior Discussion related to the looks of the interior of the HHR.

Time to lower my drivers and pasengers seat

Old 05-16-2013, 12:59 AM

Time to lower my drivers and pasengers seat

Just wondering if any one has lowerd their drivers seat im 6.2 and its killing my back having to lay the seat back.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:21 AM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by cornwalis
Just wondering if any one has lowerd their drivers seat im 6.2 and its killing my back having to lay the seat back.
People have done it, do some searching you'll find a few threads on the subject.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:34 AM
Administrator

I'm 6' 5" no issues so far I did remove the seat to clean the carpets when I bought the HHR and thought about lowering the seats but thought the cutting and welding would have only given 2 inches or so
Old 05-16-2013, 11:32 AM
Platinum Member

I've lowered my drivers seat about 1 1/2". Look in my gallery. There are some photos of my do-it-yourself project.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:18 PM

Only other thing I wanted to do was intall power seats but not sure if the 06 hhr has the. Harness under the seat to do so or if I would have to run power to under the seat was told the power seats have a lil more ajustment than the standerd seats
Old 05-16-2013, 10:49 PM

Power seats will actually sit higher then the non powered seats.....I sit quite a bit lower in my LS compared to the SS
Old 05-16-2013, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by cornwalis

I'm 6ft. and have no head room problems at all. Do you have a Moon Roof?
They do reduce head clearance a bit.

Do you have a power seat? Is it the lowest position?

I actually have my power seat in the high position and still have no clearance problem.

SF
Old 05-17-2013, 12:39 AM

No I dont have power seat yes I have a moon roof but with my back issues I need to sit strit up and if I do my head in in the sunroof. And up against head liner. And i cant see out my mirrors on infront of me lol Im 6.2 but I got short legs and tall upper body. I would like to put a power seat it but not sure if their is a power outlet under the seat for it. Was told by a buddy of mine the power seats go closer to the floor.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:21 AM

Well..I'm the opposite of tall...but My Ss with power, seat all the way down..isnt low enough..and cant get the base tilt I want. Now, my LS with the manual pump seat..sets on the floor, to the point where I almost have to look over the steer wheel. Theres a real noticeable difference between the two..since I;m the only driver I have considered a few time to change seat bases since the seat position never changes, except when its cleaning time. Though I will probably go with a modified rear seat mount as it would be smart to keep the power option. As far as a harness goes..its easy enough to set up a power source..
Old 05-17-2013, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by IgottaWoody
Well..I'm the opposite of tall...but My Ss with power, seat all the way down..isnt low enough..and cant get the base tilt I want. Now, my LS with the manual pump seat..sets on the floor, to the point where I almost have to look over the steer wheel. Theres a real noticeable difference between the two..since I;m the only driver I have considered a few time to change seat bases since the seat position never changes, except when its cleaning time. Though I will probably go with a modified rear seat mount as it would be smart to keep the power option. As far as a harness goes..its easy enough to set up a power source..
I get the base tilt thing. I try to set my lower seat tilt as far forward as it takes to eliminate any pressure to the underside of my legs which cuts circulation.
The higher you raise the seat the more tilt forward you need.
Mine is just enough forward tilt to do the job but no extra tilt left.
SF

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Time to lower my drivers and pasengers seat