North Central ND, SD, MN, WI

Newbie just saying hi

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 05:03 PM

Newbie just saying hi

Hi there, I don't own an HHR but I did just start working at the dealership, so I thought it would be a good idea to register to a forum like this so I can keep up with news, mods, problems, etc. I still have a lot to learn, so, thanks in advance. :)

Bret
Old 08-29-2007, 05:09 PM
jx3

Name:  welcome-1-1.gif
Views: 15
Size:  38.2 KB

So are you in sales or service?
Old 08-29-2007, 05:17 PM

Welcome
Old 08-29-2007, 05:34 PM

Welcome Bret. You came to the right Forum if you want to learn ANYTHING and everything about the HHR. I just bought mine from Grossman. Had it about a month now. A great Chevy product and you'll see here that HHR owners are serious about their mods . I have only just begun. LOL
Old 08-30-2007, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by jx3

So are you in sales or service?
I just started in sales, so I'm kind of a newbie here too. Lots to learn.

For the record, I'm not here to solicit business or anything. (Walser sales staff are not paid on commission BTW) I just thought I'd say hi because I'm sure to tell the people who buy HHR's from our dealership about the site, and in the meantime I figure I could learn a lot about them here. I'll take another look at the rules as far as what's appropriate, but honestly I'm here for info more than anything else.

It just so happens that I test drove a pre-owned 07 LT with a customer yesterday. Not sure if he's gonna buy, but I already told him about the site.

Bret
Old 08-30-2007, 08:57 AM

Welcome Bret. Hey, one issue that's somewhat of a debate between some of us and Chevrolet is the tendency of the HHR to grit-blast the lower front of the rear fenders and the lower rear rocker panel area in front of the rear wheels IF the HHR is not equipped with running boards. Word is running boards are standard equipment on HHR's sold in Canada, likely for this reason.

Also, as part of the pre-delivery get-ready on an HHR it might be a good idea for the dealership to check both fuse boxes and make sure all fuses are securely seated-- there is a sticky post on loose fuses on this forum, seems to be a common issue... fuses not always seated fully.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Lone Ranger
Welcome Bret. Hey, one issue that's somewhat of a debate between some of us and Chevrolet is the tendency of the HHR to grit-blast the lower front of the rear fenders and the lower rear rocker panel area in front of the rear wheels IF the HHR is not equipped with running boards. Word is running boards are standard equipment on HHR's sold in Canada, likely for this reason.

Also, as part of the pre-delivery get-ready on an HHR it might be a good idea for the dealership to check both fuse boxes and make sure all fuses are securely seated-- there is a sticky post on loose fuses on this forum, seems to be a common issue... fuses not always seated fully.
Yea the running board thing came up yesterday in fact. I heard that the new SS would have them, but I didn't know about the Canadian version. The fuse thing is good to know too, I'll make sure to get it checked before a customer takes delivery. Thanks.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:14 AM

Bret, when discussing the HHR with a customer, you might also mention that the HHR is recognized by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as a Green Vehicle under their SmartWay Green Vehicle (low emissions) program:

http://www.epa.gov/autoemissions/E-CHEVROLET-HHR-07.htm

A competitor, the Honda Element, is not:

http://www.epa.gov/autoemissions/E-HONDA-Element-07.htm
Old 08-30-2007, 12:05 PM

Welcome to the site Bret!! It's good to see a salesman take the time like yourself to do some research. I've lost count on how many times I've asked a salesperson a question about a vehicle and they couldn't come up with an answer. It's someone like you that should get plenty of returning customers in the future!
Old 08-30-2007, 02:26 PM

Hey thanks!

There was another thing I noticed on some of the used ones we have on our lot. The bowtie Chevy badge on the front and the rear look a little gangly (imperfections/deformations) on a few of them. It almost looks like water seeps in there or something. In fact, the one I drove yesterday looked pretty bad on the front. I assume this is a common? And is there an easy fix?

Quick Reply: Newbie just saying hi