North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, ME

Agenda for August 18th GM Tonawanda Powertrain Car Show

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 11:29 AM

Cool Agenda for August 18th GM Tonawanda Powertrain Car Show

Here is the agenda for the day of the meet!

We'll meet the same time we did for the Niagara Falls run, 9 AM. The meeting place will be K+S Auto (address: 811 Niagara Street, Tonawanda, NY 14150). The reason for this is twofold: they have a big parking lot where we can organize, and to try to gently pressure the place to carry more HHR-compatible performance swag. Another really good reason is because the show will be a straight drive from K+S.

We'll get everybody who's coming together, get a final quick one-over on everyone's rides (I'll bring some quick detailer and a bag of terry cloths), then about 9:45 we'll head over to GM Powertrain. There is a pretty easy entrance for check-in at the show (they have a horseshoe drive in front of the main entrance), so those of us who are showing cars will pull into the horseshoe: everyone else can park in the employee lot, which is accessible from the signal in front of the plant (make a left, then bear right).

Once everyone is parked, we'll reconvene in the show area proper. Docwylie has been gracious enough to offer the use of a 10'x10' canopy, which we can use for shelter for the show period. This show goes on, rain or shine. We'll have the canopy set up as close to the HHR's as possible. Once at the show, enjoy yourselves with all the stuff that goes on there, which typically includes food, music, engine and tranny build demonstrations, and just a metric buttload of really great cars. The show ends at about 4pm, when awards are given out.

What to bring: sunscreen, camp chairs, just whatever you need to be comfortable.

Hope to see all there!
Old 07-24-2007, 12:22 PM

Tonawanda Engine Plant Car Show

Keep in mind that after the show maybe we can circle the HHR's in front of the plant and have a photo shoot ??????????
Besides all the snaps during the show......
Old 07-24-2007, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by BlackHHR06
Keep in mind that after the show maybe we can circle the HHR's in front of the plant and have a photo shoot ??????????
Besides all the snaps during the show......
Great idea on the photo shoot.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:47 PM

I got also a 10 X 10 canopy that I will bring with me and I will bring my WoodFlame B-B-Q, so bring your Hot-Dog, I will be please to cook them for you

Old 07-24-2007, 02:48 PM

Can we bring a couple of beer can discretely on the site?
Old 07-24-2007, 04:54 PM

Everything sounds great.
Hope we can bring food & drinks into the event?
Old 07-24-2007, 09:27 PM

Tonawanda GM Engine Plant Show

You may want to think twice about brining a grill to cook hot dogs on ?? Car people do not like grease and smoke around there prize cars. Plus it may be aguinst the rules of GM.
I'll call Donna and ask her over the next few days to see what she has to say ?????
Most car shows that I get to do not allow fires, remember these cars are loaded with gasoline and all it takes is a vapor to start a blaze. That is why they want a FIRE EXTINGUISHER IN EACH CAR.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:01 AM

Yeah, I would agree with BlackHHR. Let's leave the cooking to the food vendors.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:15 AM

I agree
Old 07-25-2007, 08:19 AM

Well I never had any problem with that before, it work with a fan under it that blow air under the fire (2 pieces of wood square inch by 2 '') ...

Just try to helph, is that can cause any trouble I will not bring it to the show

Last edited by Bertland; 07-28-2007 at 11:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Agenda for August 18th GM Tonawanda Powertrain Car Show