Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   North East (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/north-east-27/)
-   -   GM Powertrain Show Wrap up! (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/north-east-27/gm-powertrain-show-wrap-up-10036/)

hawkeyejr 08-18-2007 09:03 PM

there is a possibilty of a car show going next 4th of july weekend hosted by empire car club in riverside park right the road from gm during the friendship festival i will keep this site updated on that

bigallis1 08-19-2007 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Desert Coyote (Post 186463)
Today's GM Powertrain show was awesome!

Eight board members showed up, with seven being judged.

Even better ... one of those board members walked away with second place in our category! (13 - 1990-present stock)

Congratulations to Bertland ... that makes it so worth the trip, don't it? :bow: :yourock: :thumb: :one:

Pictures forthcoming!

Yes DC it was an awesome show.
It was good to see everyone and spend the day having great conversations.
And also checking out the great vehicles that were there.
Congrats to Bertland again. Glad someone in our group got something.
Thank's for posting the pics.......

Docwylie 08-19-2007 11:26 AM

Another fun gathering of the "HHR Club of WNY" (I think by now we ought to at least have a collective identity:D) ..and thanks to our fearless leader Desert Coyote (and Mrs. Desert Coyote) for another great organizing job..and thanks also to BlackHHR06 for the liaison with TriFive (thus ensuring us a prime location all together). It was great seeing everyone again, BigAllis1, Shmoo, FastSUV (& Sons), the Don Battista's, and our newest Canadian members the "Bertland's":one: I echo the other's in congratulating you on your award! Well deserved, as can be seen by the photos.

Welcome also Hawkeyejr! Looking forward to having you join us in future events! :thumb:

The Letchworth cruise sounds like a winner. Just a personal request...but if we could do it on a Saturday that would be great as my Sunday's are always filled.

Desert Coyote 08-19-2007 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Docwylie (Post 186782)
The Letchworth cruise sounds like a winner. Just a personal request...but if we could do it on a Saturday that would be great as my Sunday's are always filled.

We were talking it over at the Texas Roadhouse after the show (myself, BlackHHR06 and Bertland), and figured that Saturday would probably work best for everyone. I know at least my job generally gives me Saturdays off and Sunday work shifts ... :barf: ... so a Letchworth cruise would probably go off on a Saturday.

Incidentally, I'm also in for a Letchworth color tour. :thumb:

Probably the best time for viewing the fall colors will be the third weekend in October ... based on observations made last year when I went with my in-laws to Gettysburg by way of the Letchworth park area, the colors were really out in bloom at that time. (either that or we were enjoying the contrast from the crappy October Storm. :barf:)

the_shmoo 08-19-2007 12:12 PM

Count me in for the Fall Colour (sorry color) Tour. Love that park. Great pics from Sat. DC.

NY HHR 08-19-2007 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Desert Coyote (Post 186812)
We were talking it over at the Texas Roadhouse after the show (myself, BlackHHR06 and Bertland), and figured that Saturday would probably work best for everyone. I know at least my job generally gives me Saturdays off and Sunday work shifts ... :barf: ... so a Letchworth cruise would probably go off on a Saturday.

Probably the best time for viewing the fall colors will be the third weekend in October ... based on observations made last year when I went with my in-laws to Gettysburg by way of the Letchworth park area, the colors were really out in bloom at that time. (either that or we were enjoying the contrast from the crappy October Storm. :barf:)

If I can work it into my schedule I would like to join you at the park. Please let me know where and the time. I am coming from the south (Corning area).

bigallis1 08-19-2007 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Desert Coyote (Post 186812)

Right on with the 3rd weekend in Oct. DC. The leaves have started their color change by than.
The 3rd weekend would be the 20th. That would be good for the Mrs. and I.
Let's see what the others thoughts are on the 20th.

Docwylie 08-19-2007 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by bigallis1 (Post 187048)
Right on with the 3rd weekend in Oct. DC. The leaves have started their color change by than.
The 3rd weekend would be the 20th. That would be good for the Mrs. and I.
Let's see what the others thoughts are on the 20th.

10/20 looks clear for me and Mrs. Doc!
:thumb:

enri9267 08-19-2007 08:04 PM

If you folks don't mind. I will have mine HHR by then and we'd like to join you folks for the ride to Letchworth .

BlackHHR06 08-19-2007 08:22 PM

October Fall Cruise

:lol: I'll do a drive by week after next and post back to all here.

More the marrier:thumb: :bow: